Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I can only retsors back 2 days??

Last response: in Windows XP
November 20, 2011 1:41:27 PM

i can only do a restore back fot 2 days. how do i get back to a noraml to many days back?

More about : retsors back days

November 20, 2011 7:43:25 PM

ralph79 said:
i can only do a restore back fot 2 days. how do i get back to a noraml to many days back?

You have to increase the amount of disk space for system restore.

Right click my computer > properties > System Restore > Settings.

Slide the slider bar to increase disk space.
Score
November 21, 2011 4:34:32 PM

it is at max now???
Score
Related resources
November 21, 2011 5:18:37 PM

Regardless of how much space you allocate to system restore, the space actually needs to be there. For example, if you have system restore set to use 10% disk space and you are currently using 95% disk space for programs, that doesn't leave as much space for system restore (5% left).
Score
November 21, 2011 10:27:12 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Regardless of how much space you allocate to system restore, the space actually needs to be there. For example, if you have system restore set to use 10% disk space and you are currently using 95% disk space for programs, that doesn't leave as much space for system restore (5% left).

I do not inderstand?
what do I need to do to retsore back more tha 2 days.I am having problems and feel if I can go back to when I didn't, I would be okay.
Score
November 22, 2011 10:46:02 AM

You have to do as ksiemb said and increase the amount of space reserved for restore points. It's not retroactive, so you won't be able to restore beyond what you already have. Once you change the allocated space, it should allow for more restore points, but only from this point in time and going forward.
Score
November 22, 2011 12:41:08 PM

Hawkeye22 said:

thank you for your reply- I ddi increAe to the max-in fact it was there already. I even did it in safe modfe and the same thing.
There must be something esle- if can hellp I would rally apprcaied it.
Score
November 22, 2011 1:15:29 PM

ralph79 said:
thank you for your reply- I ddi increAe to the max-in fact it was there already. I even did it in safe modfe and the same thing.
There must be something esle- if can hellp I would rally apprcaied it.

If you increased the disk space, and as noted previously by Hawkeye22, the disk space is available, You will be ok. You will begin to see restore points accumulate from this point forward, but cannot go back in time.
Score
November 22, 2011 7:09:45 PM

ksiemb said:
If you increased the disk space, and as noted previously by Hawkeye22, the disk space is available, You will be ok. You will begin to see restore points accumulate from this point forward, but cannot go back in time.

okay, you say it will be okay from here on in, but go back a month or so.
I wAnted to go backa month or so to correct some problems I am having.
If not possible, I will leave it alone.
Thanks
happy Holidays
Score
November 22, 2011 7:11:25 PM

correction- I can't go back any further, but can go forwad from now on-is this rifgt?
Score

Best solution

November 22, 2011 7:18:20 PM

ralph79 said:
correction- I can't go back any further, but can go forwad from now on-is this rifgt?

Yes, as long as there is enough free space on your hard drive to create more restore points.
November 22, 2011 9:22:37 PM

Best answer selected by ralph79.
Score
November 23, 2011 12:10:02 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!