Sign in with
Your question

Can't drag or resize window

Last response: in Windows XP
November 20, 2011 3:49:50 PM

Hello,
My computer stopped letting me drag smaller windows on the desktop; if I click on the blue title bar the window maximizes instead. If I try to make the window wider by grabbing at the side, the double arrow appears, but it won't drag. If I click on something in the menu bar under the title bar, sometimes it flashes on and off, or just disappears as soon as I release the mouse to go down and click on whatever I wanted to open. Sometimes if I have a page open and click on the down arrow in a menu box, the menu flashes on and off. Other little problems too, highlighting doesn't stick. I use a Logitech bluetooth mouse with new batteries on a Toshiba Tecra A9 laptop Thanks

More about : drag resize window

November 20, 2011 7:37:11 PM

brambory said:
Hello,
My computer stopped letting me drag smaller windows on the desktop; if I click on the blue title bar the window maximizes instead. If I try to make the window wider by grabbing at the side, the double arrow appears, but it won't drag. If I click on something in the menu bar under the title bar, sometimes it flashes on and off, or just disappears as soon as I release the mouse to go down and click on whatever I wanted to open. Sometimes if I have a page open and click on the down arrow in a menu box, the menu flashes on and off. Other little problems too, highlighting doesn't stick. I use a Logitech bluetooth mouse with new batteries on a Toshiba Tecra A9 laptop Thanks

Try to apply a system restore to a date prior to when errors began, or
run sfc /scannow from a command prompt, or a repaid install from your XP Windows CD.
m
l
!