HP Compaq Business Notebook nx9010 - tft screen goes dark ..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 16, 2004 3:43:04 AM

I just got a new laptop HP NX9019, but I have a problem with the tft screen,
(well i think i have a problem with it) when windows xp pro loads up the
screen goes dark, almost like a light going off, as if the gamma is set to
low, this can be fixed by using the contrast keys on the keyboard. But gets
anoying everytime the laptop either restarts or starts from a cold boot.
This is using the battery by the way, when running the laptop from the ac
mains the screen colour is fine and bright .

Any ideas or is this just normal ?

HP Compaq Business Notebook nx9010, 2.6ghz 256mb ddr, ati graphics.
Windows XP Pro

Thanks

Mark
king6@hotmail.com msn also
April 16, 2004 3:43:05 AM

Hi Mark,

I have the same PC.. it is a normal power saving "feature". Don't know
if it can be changed.

-Donny

"Mark" <mking7@onetel.net.uk> wrote in message news:<407f1007@212.67.96.135>...
> I just got a new laptop HP NX9019, but I have a problem with the tft screen,
> (well i think i have a problem with it) when windows xp pro loads up the
> screen goes dark, almost like a light going off, as if the gamma is set to
> low, this can be fixed by using the contrast keys on the keyboard. But gets
> anoying everytime the laptop either restarts or starts from a cold boot.
> This is using the battery by the way, when running the laptop from the ac
> mains the screen colour is fine and bright .
>
> Any ideas or is this just normal ?
>
> HP Compaq Business Notebook nx9010, 2.6ghz 256mb ddr, ati graphics.
> Windows XP Pro
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
> king6@hotmail.com msn also
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
April 19, 2004 6:38:33 PM

In principal it can be changed by clearing a single bit in the global part
of the PowerCfg key of the HKCU - Control Panel registry hive. However, in
my nx9005, HP appear to have handled the screen dimming function in BIOS so
that clearing the corresponding flag has no effect.

David

!