Sign in with
Your question

PC takes a while to boot up after a failed overclock.

Last response: in Overclocking
May 28, 2011 8:32:28 PM

Hi guys.

When i come to overclock it takes a very long time to get anywhere with it because every time it fails it takes a good 20 minutes before it will successfully boot again. During this time the PC will turn on but my monitor won't pick anything up, then after a while it will come on then go off again (for ~1 second) then come on automatically and boot properly.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
a c 241 K Overclocking
May 30, 2011 8:44:13 AM

fail overclock... you need clear cmos or drop your overclock.
a b K Overclocking
May 30, 2011 6:45:33 PM

jmsellars1 said:
Hi guys.

When i come to overclock it takes a very long time to get anywhere with it because every time it fails it takes a good 20 minutes before it will successfully boot again. During this time the PC will turn on but my monitor won't pick anything up, then after a while it will come on then go off again (for ~1 second) then come on automatically and boot properly.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Surely failed Oc. When overclocking only increase fsb little by little, increase the vcore[by a bit], and check the temps.
For now, restore default settings, then attempt to oc again- reasonably.
Related resources
a c 197 K Overclocking
May 30, 2011 10:56:31 PM

With some systems, some delay is normal. Gigabyte motherboards generally need 5 - 10 secs to find a bootable configuration. The older Asus motherboards required you to clear the CMOS RAM. I do not know what AsRock does.

I know that 20 minutes seems excessive.
May 31, 2011 9:41:46 AM

Reset your CMOS switch and see if that helps/=.
June 2, 2011 9:18:17 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah i knew it was because of a failed overclock, sorry i wasn't more clear. I just wondered why it took so long to be bootable again. Also yeah i have been raising things only little by little but it still takes a very long time to reboot properly.
!