DFI M2RSH CPU Voltage?

mackbaz

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
I have a DFI M2RSH with phenom II 720. Right now i got it up to 3.6 by increasing cpuvid special or something in the bios. When I look in amd overdrive it says i have increased the VDDC. I have the newest bios. I went to DFI to see what the deal was. Looks like with one of the past bios releases there was something called cpu uCore. I can't find this anywhere. The only other thing I can think of is that Overdrive is seeing it wrong. In the bios when i change the option, the health monitor shows the cpu voltage has gone up, though it doesn't have as many cpu voltage options as overdrive. Any suggestions? Thanks

r_manic

Administrator
Well to be sure, your BIOS will have more OC options than overdrive, since you're directly affecting your system's config.

To be honest though, your problem isn't clear to me... you're looking for a particular setting or something?

mackbaz

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009

Well I believe I have solved it. Overdrive just isn't seeing it correctly. I have found users with the same board and the option in the bios is correct. for now though I am sticking with stock voltage and playing with the HT. Seems to have a more positive effect than simply overclocking the main core frequency. I'm up to 3.33 with stock volts and 2200 on the HT. The system seems just as fast as when it was 3.6Ghz with 2000HT. Thanks for your response though.