[SOLVED BY ME] Hard drive causing freeze on laptop

Metsuna

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Hey guys, right now I have an Hp HDX16. A few days ago I was doing an OSX and Windows 7, all was going well till I wanted to have windows 7 boot up first instead of the bootloader for OSX because it was not allowing easyBCD to work. As such I went into disk management and set the windows 7 partition to active and rebooted. However, upon reboot I am stuck at the HP INVENT screen (first logo) and unable to get into bios nor am I able to boot from cd.

I took out the hard drive and I am able to boot into the bios and such and since then I bought a new HD for my laptop and just installed windows 7 on it. Though, I am wondering if I can recover the previous hard drive that won't let me boot. Is there a way to reformat it? Thanks guys.

Metsuna

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Pretty much solved now, I attached the harddrive to my desktop, was able to boot up into windows DVD and then I formatted it. Now it's acting as a secondary HD in my desktop. LOL Woke up one day and was like "can't I put this on my desktop and try it out?" sure enough it worked.

SOLVED.