Sign in with
Your question

CPU (1055T) wont overclock!

Last response: in Overclocking
May 28, 2011 9:46:53 PM

Hey guys, was hoping you could help me with a problem. (Please note that I have not overclocked before, I have just taught myself from guides).

My problem is that my 1055T just wont overclock at all. My motherboard is a Gigabyte M52LT-D3 (which I think may be the problem). I go into the BIOS, then into the M.I.T, then I change my CPU frequency from 200 to 210 just to test, (I also keep the multiplier at x14.5). I turned the Cool'N'Quiet thing off because I heard that it stops the overclock then I save the settings and exit.

Now, I went into CPU-Z, expecting the clock speed to have increased, but it is still at the stock 2.8GHz, and the CPU frequency is still at 200! So I go back into the BIOS, but all the settings are the same as I left them (210 frequency, Cool'N'Quiet is off).

The cool'n'quiet stays off too as the CPU doesn't underclock itself to 800MHz, it's just the CPU settings that wont save.

Should also note that sometimes the CPU does manage to overclock to a maximum of 3.1GHz, but if I put the frequency higher, it goes back to 2.9GHz..

So, am I missing something? Please help :cry: 

a c 138 à CPUs
a c 239 K Overclocking
May 29, 2011 1:05:58 PM

You have limitation mobo with cpu am3 :
* Due to chipset spec limitation, if you install AM3
CPU on this motherboard, the system bus speed will
downgrade from HT3.0 (5200MT/s) to HT1.0 (2000
MT/s); however, the frequency of AM3 CPU will not be
impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more
information. : www.eu.gigabyte.ru/products/mb/cpulist/ga-m52lt-d3rev_2...

If you want oc your cpu as well upgrade your mobo
!