A few question about my computer please help. thank you

fakku

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
first, sorry for putting in the wrong category, i dont know where to post.
here is my "new" computer (brought in March)
i7 920
evga gtx 260 +
gskill 6gb ddr3
wd black 640 gb
asus p6t
and the rest r not important
they are NOT overclocked

my computer did ran faster than my old one, dont even know the component names...

although this is the best pc i have used, but still not what i expected with the money i put in...

got a few problems to ask:

1. it takes pretty long to run a new .exe file the old ones are normal. (new exe file means the exe file i run for the first time, old is second or more times) it takes around 5-10 or maybe more seconds to have something actually appear.

2. how do you know if my computer is running properly (i meant if it runs as fast as other computer with the same hardware)
I tried 3dmark but not sure if thats what it test or not
if 3dmark is the right program to check, are there any other way to check?

3. my 3d mark score seems to be very low...
not sure if it is normal or not

3DMark Score
P12325 3DMarks

CPU Score

Graphics Score

is this normal?
because in the compare with similar system , it is at the last point, but i dont see the best or average point with similar system so i guess i cant read it or something?

anyway, please help me especially the first and last question question 2 can be skiped if u r in hurry? :lol:

Thanks to those who helps!
-----------------------------------------
NEW question added

are there any FREE driver update programs? i found a few but all of them have to be paid... =(

demonnn

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
that might be because your operating system isn't functioning normally. Also which 3dmark is it? if it is 3dmark06 then that's very low for your system.

i got 14000+ with q9550(no oc) , hd4770,3gb ram ddr2 800mhz.

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
I agree with the above...it sounds more like an OS issue. Possibly a HDD or memory problem. What OS are you running? Have you set up your bios correctly for your hardware, or did you leave everything on the defaults? Try running your windows experience score. Its not the best test in the world, but if your hardware is messed up, it will usually show there.

fakku

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
thank you, my OS is vista 64bit sorry that i forgot to include that,
and it is 3dmark vantage
the bios is on the defaults cuz i have no idea how to do it... i will learn sometime
so anyother possibility other than those? :pt1cable:
thx a lot!

NEW question added

are there any FREE driver update programs? i found a few but all of them have to be paid... =(

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Did you build this? If so you should have the MB manual to help you set up the bios. Be sure the storage configuration is set correctly in the bios. If you are using sata be sure its set to sata. Also be sure all your memory is set correctly and is being read correctly. Doing a clean install wouldn't hurt just in case you have a virus or something else screwed up in your OS. If that is not an option, download Advanced System Care free, run it to clean up your registry and hard drive, then be sure to download the defrag utility for it and defrag the hard drive. See if any of that helps.

fakku

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
thank you soo much, that seems to be pretty complicated..
yes, i build this, but it is my first time so i didnt know much, i will try follow your step, but i am busy these day, so if you have any more imformation about this, please post it here cuz im not sure when you will come on again.
thanks again,
----------------
btw, my windows index score is 5.9 what is the max score? and i didnt remember it show anything about hardware messed up
---------------------
another question... so many questions... :D
what did you mean by clean install? is it like reinstall the OS?
:( sorry english is my third language and i am still learning
Also, will tuneup ultilities work the same as advansed system care?

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Your english is better than most Americans....You have the max score in the windows experience, so its unlikely there is a hardware error. Clean install means installing your OS all over again and wiping the drive clean. I would try the advanced system care option first. Its a free download, and might fix the problem if its a registry or similar problem. One other thing I forgot to mention....since you were fine with 32 but not 64, it is possible that something plugged into your system is not 64 bit compatible...like a printer or something....so I would unplug everything except the kb, mouse, and monitor and remove any old drivers for anything else that was plugged in.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007

dude? you clueless? you can have a max score and have a major problem it is stupid test! only says if you can run

bial you are a noobie

ok a p6t is an overclocking mobo - so use it! manually tune your speeds and voltage run stablity tests you may need more voltage to the ram

p6t - ram bus voltage - 1.64v max and you need 1.6 with many mems. watch out for high speed low latency that need manual voltage settings! IS THAT G SKILL LOW LATENCY?

also ever without overlocking you system may set the cpu voltage too low.

dude use raid! you using 10 year old hard drive tech with a super fast system - use the raid or ssd