Wishlist for Sims 3 ;)

I know, I know, there are expansion packs coming and so on, but what major
features would you love to see in a few years?

I'd love seasons. Imagine building a house and deciding whether to include
heating or just ovens! And the bills would rise in winter to pay for
heating... "no, Bella Goth, hands off that thermostate, we have to make
ends meet - just freeze" ;) and the bigger the house, the more expensive
the heating...

I'd also like a trait "jealousy", since that's become so important in
Sims2. I'm still angry with Maxis for including Romance sims but not
getting rid of that jealousy - okay, there are hacks for it, but Maxis
should have dealt with it in the first place.

:)
Dorte
44 answers Last reply
More about wishlist sims

    Dorte Schünecke wrote:
    > I know, I know, there are expansion packs coming and so on, but what
    > major features would you love to see in a few years?
    >
    > I'd love seasons. Imagine building a house and deciding whether to
    > include heating or just ovens! And the bills would rise in winter to
    > pay for heating... "no, Bella Goth, hands off that thermostate, we
    > have to make ends meet - just freeze" ;) and the bigger the house,
    > the more expensive the heating...
    >
    > I'd also like a trait "jealousy", since that's become so important in
    > Sims2. I'm still angry with Maxis for including Romance sims but not
    > getting rid of that jealousy - okay, there are hacks for it, but Maxis
    > should have dealt with it in the first place.
    >
    > :)
    > Dorte

    I kind of like the jealousy part. I just created the Stepford family in my
    game, William, Rebecca and Lynnette. The Stepford Wives.....Well, okay, the
    Stepford Roomies. One works days and one works nights and neither one knows
    William is sleeping with the other one. So far, he's juggling things pretty
    well and hasn't gotten caught but it's just a matter of time before the
    excrement hits the ventilating device.

    Jeanie

    Dorte Schünecke wrote:
    > I know, I know, there are expansion packs coming and so on, but what major
    > features would you love to see in a few years?
    >
    > I'd love seasons. Imagine building a house and deciding whether to include
    > heating or just ovens! And the bills would rise in winter to pay for
    > heating... "no, Bella Goth, hands off that thermostate, we have to make
    > ends meet - just freeze" ;) and the bigger the house, the more expensive
    > the heating...

    I'd like to see them at least pause to put on a jacket before leaving
    the house, and to not go outside and roam about the neighborhood in
    their bras or bathing suits as they often do now.

    I'd also like to see:

    ....Sims not put foodstuffs, baby bottles, babies, trash, etc., to the
    floor when there's a counter, crib or trash can three feet away.

    ....Sims pay their own bills, empty their own trash and clean their own
    toilets without being told to constantly. I know you can hired maids,
    but still, maids don't always do it, or things get dirty after the maid
    leaves, or some of my real po' Simmies can't afford maids, and I get
    sick of constantly having to check on toilets, tubs and trash cans.

    ....Sims not wave and wave and wave and tell me they're tired when
    they're standing next to a bed, bored when they're standing next to a
    TV, stereo and computer, hungry when there's a giant pizza on the table
    next to them, or lonely when they're in a room full of people.

    ....Sims not take so LONG to tell me something obvious. Some of the
    animations are too reptitive. I know pointing to your mouth ONCE means
    you're hungry. You don't have to point, rub your tummy, whine, point,
    rub, whine, point, rub, whine, point, rub, whine...

    ....An improved ability to receive deliveries or answer the door without
    getting confused/distracted. They've made this a LITTLE better since
    Sims 1, but it's still a chore for my Sims to answer the door and get a
    delivery, especially in a big house. For some reason, the decision
    fades out of the cue halfway to the door, and they stop to watch TV or
    swim in the pool instead. Or they get outside and walk around in
    cirlces as though they're doing a mating dance with the delivery man.
    How hard can it be to walk a straight line to the grocery guy?

    ....And while I'm at it, I hate it when I have a buch of tasks in a Sim's
    cue to do and they either autonomously fade out, or even switch order of
    priority. When I say I want Sims to do A, B, C, D, then E, I mean it!!

    ....Sims be able to order clothes on the computer and get deliveries to
    the door as with food. I hate having to send them to a community lot to
    get clothes, and then when they move in with someone else they don't
    even take their choices with them!

    ....Jealousy handled more realistically. I don't want a Sim to slap
    another Sim and refuse to sleep with them forever more because that Sim
    danced with someone else or gave them a hug. I DO like the jealousy
    concept, but they could tone it down a little. Also, I'd like to see
    some Sims do threesomes. ;-) And foursomes. How about Bob, Ted, Carol
    and Alice Sim?

    ....More choices for music. Hey, Maxis, there's more to the world than
    rock, pop, rap, disco and metal!!

    I know, a lot of this can be dealt with in Sims2 right now. Here's
    hoping they will.

    And how is it when married Sims break up, the one who leaves winds up
    with (I believe) $20,000 when they start out again? They should, by
    law, get half of everything.

    I'm not a member of the online forum on Maxis' own website, which I
    understand the programmers themselves read sometimes, so if anyone wants
    to post this list in there on my behalf, and even add to it, feel free.

    --
    --Cuth

    > Dorte Schünecke wrote:
    >> I know, I know, there are expansion packs coming and so on, but what
    >> major features would you love to see in a few years?
    >>
    >> I'd love seasons. Imagine building a house and deciding whether to
    >> include heating or just ovens! And the bills would rise in winter to
    >> pay for heating... "no, Bella Goth, hands off that thermostate, we
    >> have to make ends meet - just freeze" ;) and the bigger the house,
    >> the more expensive the heating...
    >>
    >> I'd also like a trait "jealousy", since that's become so important in
    >> Sims2. I'm still angry with Maxis for including Romance sims but not
    >> getting rid of that jealousy - okay, there are hacks for it, but Maxis
    >> should have dealt with it in the first place.
    >>
    >> :)
    >> Dorte
    >
    > I kind of like the jealousy part. I just created the Stepford family in
    > my
    > game, William, Rebecca and Lynnette. The Stepford Wives.....Well, okay,
    > the
    > Stepford Roomies. One works days and one works nights and neither one
    > knows
    > William is sleeping with the other one. So far, he's juggling things
    > pretty
    > well and hasn't gotten caught but it's just a matter of time before the
    > excrement hits the ventilating device.
    >
    > Jeanie

    I have a solution if they should be there at the same time. Make a room
    without a door or get one of the lockable doors from simlogical and have the
    lovers in there so that the other cannot get in there to see them. However,
    the other one will know what is going on and will scream about the wall
    being in the way, lol.

    > Dorte Schünecke wrote:
    >> I know, I know, there are expansion packs coming and so on, but what
    >> major
    >> features would you love to see in a few years?
    >>
    >> I'd love seasons. Imagine building a house and deciding whether to
    >> include
    >> heating or just ovens! And the bills would rise in winter to pay for
    >> heating... "no, Bella Goth, hands off that thermostate, we have to make
    >> ends meet - just freeze" ;) and the bigger the house, the more expensive
    >> the heating...
    >
    > I'd like to see them at least pause to put on a jacket before leaving the
    > house, and to not go outside and roam about the neighborhood in their bras
    > or bathing suits as they often do now.
    >
    > I'd also like to see:
    >
    > ...Sims not put foodstuffs, baby bottles, babies, trash, etc., to the
    > floor when there's a counter, crib or trash can three feet away.

    Make them neat sims.

    > ...Sims pay their own bills, empty their own trash and clean their own
    > toilets without being told to constantly. I know you can hired maids, but
    > still, maids don't always do it, or things get dirty after the maid
    > leaves, or some of my real po' Simmies can't afford maids, and I get sick
    > of constantly having to check on toilets, tubs and trash cans.

    Make them neat sims :)

    > ...Sims not wave and wave and wave and tell me they're tired when they're
    > standing next to a bed, bored when they're standing next to a TV, stereo
    > and computer, hungry when there's a giant pizza on the table next to them,
    > or lonely when they're in a room full of people.
    >
    > ...Sims not take so LONG to tell me something obvious. Some of the
    > animations are too reptitive. I know pointing to your mouth ONCE means
    > you're hungry. You don't have to point, rub your tummy, whine, point,
    > rub, whine, point, rub, whine, point, rub, whine...

    Keep an eye on their needs and fullfill them before they go into the red.
    Orrrrrrr use Merola's Painting :)

    > ...An improved ability to receive deliveries or answer the door without
    > getting confused/distracted. They've made this a LITTLE better since Sims
    > 1, but it's still a chore for my Sims to answer the door and get a
    > delivery, especially in a big house. For some reason, the decision fades
    > out of the cue halfway to the door, and they stop to watch TV or swim in
    > the pool instead. Or they get outside and walk around in cirlces as
    > though they're doing a mating dance with the delivery man. How hard can it
    > be to walk a straight line to the grocery guy?
    >
    > ...And while I'm at it, I hate it when I have a buch of tasks in a Sim's
    > cue to do and they either autonomously fade out, or even switch order of
    > priority. When I say I want Sims to do A, B, C, D, then E, I mean it!!

    Turn off 'Free Will', then you can really play god and they will do what you
    want when you want.

    > ...Sims be able to order clothes on the computer and get deliveries to the
    > door as with food. I hate having to send them to a community lot to get
    > clothes, and then when they move in with someone else they don't even take
    > their choices with them!
    >
    > ...Jealousy handled more realistically. I don't want a Sim to slap
    > another Sim and refuse to sleep with them forever more because that Sim
    > danced with someone else or gave them a hug. I DO like the jealousy
    > concept, but they could tone it down a little. Also, I'd like to see some
    > Sims do threesomes. ;-) And foursomes. How about Bob, Ted, Carol and
    > Alice Sim?
    >
    > ...More choices for music. Hey, Maxis, there's more to the world than
    > rock, pop, rap, disco and metal!!

    I agree with this one..............we need country again!

    > I know, a lot of this can be dealt with in Sims2 right now. Here's hoping
    > they will.
    >
    > And how is it when married Sims break up, the one who leaves winds up with
    > (I believe) $20,000 when they start out again? They should, by law, get
    > half of everything.
    >
    > I'm not a member of the online forum on Maxis' own website, which I
    > understand the programmers themselves read sometimes, so if anyone wants
    > to post this list in there on my behalf, and even add to it, feel free.

    I do believe that Maxis has representatives here, lurking. And there are
    quite a few webmasters here too, lurking and non-lurking. But people you
    would not expect to be here are lurking.

    > --
    > --Cuth

    > I'd like to see them at least pause to put on a jacket before leaving
    > the house, and to not go outside and roam about the neighborhood in
    > their bras or bathing suits as they often do now.

    Yes, why can't they whirl around and get dressed again after waking up, like
    they do before going to bed?

    > I'd also like to see:
    >
    > ...Sims not put foodstuffs, baby bottles, babies, trash, etc., to the
    > floor when there's a counter, crib or trash can three feet away.

    Can we get a big AMEN to that?!?

    > ...Sims pay their own bills, empty their own trash and clean their own
    > toilets without being told to constantly. I know you can hired maids,
    > but still, maids don't always do it, or things get dirty after the
    > maid leaves, or some of my real po' Simmies can't afford maids, and I
    > get sick of constantly having to check on toilets, tubs and trash
    > cans.

    That's been partially taken care of with University and the "influence to
    clean" option. When a sim has been influenced to clean, they do all of it
    except paying the bills. And, if you hire the nanny, you don't need the
    maid because most of them putter around making beds and cleaning things all
    the time that the baby doesn't need attention. You can also influence her
    to serve a meal, but there's no telling what you'll get.

    > ...Sims not wave and wave and wave and tell me they're tired when
    > they're standing next to a bed, bored when they're standing next to a
    > TV, stereo and computer, hungry when there's a giant pizza on the
    > table next to them, or lonely when they're in a room full of people.

    So stupid. I notice the bladder thing needing attention, click on the sim
    and tell them to use the toilet and they have to stand there holding their
    crotch for five minutes before they go use it. This falls under "Things
    That Make Me Sigh While Playing."

    > ...Sims not take so LONG to tell me something obvious. Some of the
    > animations are too reptitive. I know pointing to your mouth ONCE
    > means you're hungry. You don't have to point, rub your tummy, whine,
    > point, rub, whine, point, rub, whine, point, rub, whine...

    True, but I do like the little looks they often turn around and give you
    when you tell them to do something they were going to do anyway, or better
    yet, something they really don't want to do in the first place.

    > ...An improved ability to receive deliveries or answer the door
    > without getting confused/distracted. They've made this a LITTLE
    > better since Sims 1, but it's still a chore for my Sims to answer the
    > door and get a delivery, especially in a big house. For some reason,
    > the decision fades out of the cue halfway to the door, and they stop
    > to watch TV or swim in the pool instead. Or they get outside and
    > walk around in cirlces as though they're doing a mating dance with
    > the delivery man. How hard can it be to walk a straight line to the
    > grocery guy?

    Their routing is all screwed up. It seems they never take the most direct
    route to something. One was standing in the kitchen right by the back door
    with the swing right outside and when I clicked "swing" and he walked all
    the way through the house, up the back stairs, back down the front stairs,
    through the living room, out the front door, all the way to the street, back
    down the side yard (outside the back fence) and then stood there a few
    squares away from the gate and complain that he couldn't get to the swing
    because the fence was in his way! This falls under the category "Things
    That Make Me Bang My Head On The Computer Desk While Playing."

    > ...And while I'm at it, I hate it when I have a buch of tasks in a
    > Sim's cue to do and they either autonomously fade out, or even switch
    > order of priority. When I say I want Sims to do A, B, C, D, then E,
    > I mean it!!

    Some of them are pretty snippy, all right. Depends on what you tell them to
    do and what mood they are in, also on what kind of personality they have.
    Sloppy sims will almost always find something they like better to do than to
    go scrub the toilet. But I can't really blame them for that. I do the same
    thing. <g>

    > ...Sims be able to order clothes on the computer and get deliveries to
    > the door as with food. I hate having to send them to a community lot
    > to get clothes, and then when they move in with someone else they
    > don't even take their choices with them!

    This really does irritate me. I do wish they could take their clothing with
    them when they move.

    > ...Jealousy handled more realistically. I don't want a Sim to slap
    > another Sim and refuse to sleep with them forever more because that
    > Sim danced with someone else or gave them a hug. I DO like the
    > jealousy concept, but they could tone it down a little. Also, I'd
    > like to see some Sims do threesomes. ;-) And foursomes. How about
    > Bob, Ted, Carol and Alice Sim?

    Or me with my Stepford Wives.....

    > ...More choices for music. Hey, Maxis, there's more to the world than
    > rock, pop, rap, disco and metal!!

    Actually, the music they play themselves on the new musical instruments is
    pretty good stuff. I like it when you get four sims all playing the drums,
    guitar, bass and keyboard together. We be jammin'! And it's so cute when
    children start dancing during the performance. But the busking gets on my
    nerves. I'm thinking I need to go download that "no busking" hack at MTS2.
    Get rid of the tip jar! You are in your own damn house!

    > I know, a lot of this can be dealt with in Sims2 right now. Here's
    > hoping they will.
    >
    > And how is it when married Sims break up, the one who leaves winds up
    > with (I believe) $20,000 when they start out again? They should, by
    > law, get half of everything.

    Absolutely! And if they get caught cheating, they should have to move out
    with 47 cents and their little duds in a bandana tied to the end of a stick.
    LOL

    > I'm not a member of the online forum on Maxis' own website, which I
    > understand the programmers themselves read sometimes, so if anyone
    > wants to post this list in there on my behalf, and even add to it,
    > feel free.

    I didn't know such a thing existed. Perhaps I should go check it out and
    join.

    Jeanie

    >> I'd like to see them at least pause to put on a jacket before leaving
    >> the house, and to not go outside and roam about the neighborhood in
    >> their bras or bathing suits as they often do now.
    >
    > Yes, why can't they whirl around and get dressed again after waking up,
    > like
    > they do before going to bed?

    Maybe they don't want to :) When I am off work, I do not get up and get
    dressed automatically.

    Jeanie wrote:
    >>I'd like to see them at least pause to put on a jacket before leaving
    >>the house, and to not go outside and roam about the neighborhood in
    >>their bras or bathing suits as they often do now.
    >

    > Yes, why can't they whirl around and get dressed again after waking up, like
    > they do before going to bed?

    I'd actually like to see them *get* dressed...you know, go to the
    closet, and put on their clothes.

    I do think it's cute when they toss the babies in the air to change
    their diapers, however.

    ...Sims pay their own bills, empty their own trash and clean their own
    >>toilets without being told to constantly. I know you can hired maids,
    >>but still, maids don't always do it, or things get dirty after the
    >>maid leaves, or some of my real po' Simmies can't afford maids, and I
    >>get sick of constantly having to check on toilets, tubs and trash
    >>cans.
    >

    > That's been partially taken care of with University and the "influence to
    > clean" option. When a sim has been influenced to clean, they do all of it
    > except paying the bills. And, if you hire the nanny, you don't need the
    > maid because most of them putter around making beds and cleaning things all
    > the time that the baby doesn't need attention.

    ....Except that I've found the nanny doing those things while the baby is
    crying and needs a diaper changed.

    > You can also influence her
    > to serve a meal, but there's no telling what you'll get.

    Kinda like what Forrest Gump said.

    >>...Sims not wave and wave and wave and tell me they're tired when
    >>they're standing next to a bed, bored when they're standing next to a
    >>TV, stereo and computer, hungry when there's a giant pizza on the
    >>table next to them, or lonely when they're in a room full of people.
    >

    > So stupid. I notice the bladder thing needing attention, click on the sim
    > and tell them to use the toilet and they have to stand there holding their
    > crotch for five minutes before they go use it. This falls under "Things
    > That Make Me Sigh While Playing."

    Not only that, they'll spend so much time holding their legs together
    and whining that when they finally do bolt for the toilet, they don't
    make it and wind up peeing two squares away from it.

    >>...Sims not take so LONG to tell me something obvious. Some of the
    >>animations are too reptitive. I know pointing to your mouth ONCE
    >>means you're hungry. You don't have to point, rub your tummy, whine,
    >>point, rub, whine, point, rub, whine, point, rub, whine...
    >

    > True, but I do like the little looks they often turn around and give you
    > when you tell them to do something they were going to do anyway, or better
    > yet, something they really don't want to do in the first place.

    That's not what I'm talking about. I like that too. I just don't need
    a Sim pointing to their mouth or bladder for half a Sim hour telling me
    the obvious when I've already clicked on the option to get them relief.
    That choice should immediately cancel the existing animation.

    > Their routing is all screwed up. It seems they never take the most direct
    > route to something. One was standing in the kitchen right by the back door
    > with the swing right outside and when I clicked "swing" and he walked all
    > the way through the house, up the back stairs, back down the front stairs,
    > through the living room, out the front door, all the way to the street, back
    > down the side yard (outside the back fence) and then stood there a few
    > squares away from the gate and complain that he couldn't get to the swing
    > because the fence was in his way! This falls under the category "Things
    > That Make Me Bang My Head On The Computer Desk While Playing."

    In some of the bigger houses the gardeners aren't pulling weeds and
    trimming hedges because they can't figure out their way around the yard.
    I have to send a Sim out to do it, and sometimes even they can't.
    Sheesh!

    >>...More choices for music. Hey, Maxis, there's more to the world than
    >>rock, pop, rap, disco and metal!!
    >

    > Actually, the music they play themselves on the new musical instruments is
    > pretty good stuff.

    I'll bet if falls under the above categories, though. That's what I
    mean. The kids who design this game are probably all in their 20s and
    30s, and that's all the music they've ever heard. Gee, what did people
    do for music before 1970? I wonder what Mozart did when he wanted to
    hear some music... :-/

    >>I know, a lot of this can be dealt with in Sims2 right now. Here's
    >>hoping they will.
    >>
    >>And how is it when married Sims break up, the one who leaves winds up
    >>with (I believe) $20,000 when they start out again? They should, by
    >>law, get half of everything.
    >

    > Absolutely! And if they get caught cheating, they should have to move out
    > with 47 cents and their little duds in a bandana tied to the end of a stick.
    > LOL

    I miss that bandana and stickpole, too....

    Oh, another thing, is enough with all the kitchen fires. Maybe
    *occasionally* when they have zero cooking points, but there are just
    too many fires in this game. It gets old very fast. Same with catching
    colds.

    >>I'm not a member of the online forum on Maxis' own website, which I
    >>understand the programmers themselves read sometimes, so if anyone
    >>wants to post this list in there on my behalf, and even add to it,
    >>feel free.
    >

    > I didn't know such a thing existed. Perhaps I should go check it out and
    > join.

    Well, there's some sort of online forum, but I don't post, or even look
    at it. Others can tell you more.

    --
    --Cuth

    PAY THE BILLS>>>
    Yes, please. I gauged my success in SimCity, Pharaoh, and games of those
    types, by being able to go to sleep with it running, and the city is running
    reasonably fine when I wake up. I have only achieved it a couple times, but
    what an accomplishment I felt. I'm satisfied when I can go to dinner, come
    back, and it's running. Take that to a micro level, and you work to build up
    a functioning house. You have trained your Sims to fend for themselves. You
    have built an efficient, modern home. Things go smooth. You turn your back
    away for a couple hours, and everything they own has been repossessed. They
    starve and die.
    Pay the bills, and maybe order groceries.

> [...]
    > rock, pop, rap, disco and metal!!
    >
    > I know, a lot of this can be dealt with in Sims2 right now. Here's hoping
    > they will.
    >
    > And how is it when married Sims break up, the one who leaves winds up with
    > (I believe) $20,000 when they start out again? They should, by law, get
    > half of everything.
    >
    > I'm not a member of the online forum on Maxis' own website, which I
    > understand the programmers themselves read sometimes, so if anyone wants
    > to post this list in there on my behalf, and even add to it, feel free.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    > ...Sims be able to order clothes on the computer and get deliveries to the
    > door as with food. I hate having to send them to a community lot to get
    > clothes, and then when they move in with someone else they don't even take
    Or at least be able to pick out a wardrobe when you create Sims? Or at
    least a couple of choices of clothes?
    -ned

    Jeanie wrote:

    > But the busking gets on my nerves. I'm thinking I need
    > to go download that "no busking" hack at MTS2. Get rid of the
    > tip
    > jar! You are in your own damn house!

    But it DOES work. If anyone gives a tip out of their own
    initiative, it gets added to the household money. Free money!
    Also works for visitors. You keep the tips they get :-) But
    they'll have to give freely. If you make them, it gets
    substracted from the household money first, thereby sort of
    anulling the benefits.

    T.

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> I kind of like the jealousy part. I just created the Stepford family in
    >> my
    >> game, William, Rebecca and Lynnette. The Stepford Wives.....Well, okay,
    >> the
    >> Stepford Roomies. One works days and one works nights and neither one
    >> knows
    >> William is sleeping with the other one. So far, he's juggling things
    >> pretty
    >> well and hasn't gotten caught but it's just a matter of time before the
    >> excrement hits the ventilating device.

    > I have a solution if they should be there at the same time. Make a room
    > without a door or get one of the lockable doors from simlogical and have the
    > lovers in there so that the other cannot get in there to see them. However,
    > the other one will know what is going on and will scream about the wall
    > being in the way, lol.

    I've found that removing the door from the room while they're in there doing
    the deed works fine. It seems as though if a sim can't get to zir partner to
    slap them, zie doesn't get jealous at all!

    I agree with the original poster though that jealousy should be a trait like
    playfulness or neatness. Some sims should get jealous, others shouldn't
    mind at all.

    Jon
    --
    ____________________ ____ ___________________________________________________
    With metta from: \ _/__ Run to the fire exit

    > I'd actually like to see them *get* dressed...you know, go to the
    > closet, and put on their clothes.
    >
    > I do think it's cute when they toss the babies in the air to change
    > their diapers, however.

    Today, I saw something new. As the sim was closing the doors of the armoire
    after changing clothes, she got her finger caught in the door, squeaked a
    little, put the finger in her mouth and did a little dance. Never saw that
    before.

    >> That's been partially taken care of with University and the
    >> "influence to clean" option. When a sim has been influenced to
    >> clean, they do all of it except paying the bills. And, if you hire
    >> the nanny, you don't need the maid because most of them putter
    >> around making beds and cleaning things all the time that the baby
    >> doesn't need attention.
    >
    > ...Except that I've found the nanny doing those things while the baby
    > is crying and needs a diaper changed.

    The nanny named Kendal is the worst one I've had. Lazy and very slow on the
    uptake for taking care of the kid. I tried to kill her with the controlling
    mirror and the voodoo bottle hack, clicked "Kill by hunger," but nothing
    happened. She kind of slumped, had the red balloon with the pot and pan in
    it, walked around the kitchen about three times and then her van came and
    picked her up. The father of the household was home but the mother is the
    one who had set up the nanny to track her work schedule, so luckily nothing
    bad happened. But she simply wouldn't die. How do you kill a nanny? Wall
    her up in an upstairs closet so she can't get to her van?

    >> You can also influence her
    >> to serve a meal, but there's no telling what you'll get.
    >
    > Kinda like what Forrest Gump said.

    Well, it sure wasn't a box of chocolates. <g> She made omelets and set
    them on the floor in the corner of the dining room.

    >> True, but I do like the little looks they often turn around and give
    >> you when you tell them to do something they were going to do anyway,
    >> or better yet, something they really don't want to do in the first
    >> place.
    >
    > That's not what I'm talking about. I like that too. I just don't
    > need a Sim pointing to their mouth or bladder for half a Sim hour
    > telling me the obvious when I've already clicked on the option to get
    > them relief. That choice should immediately cancel the existing
    > animation.

    Yes, I see what you mean.>

    > In some of the bigger houses the gardeners aren't pulling weeds and
    > trimming hedges because they can't figure out their way around the
    > yard. I have to send a Sim out to do it, and sometimes even they
    > can't. Sheesh!

    Make sure you have the bushes and hedges put in facing the right direction.
    I had a row of hedges once and I didn't pay attention to which direction the
    arrows were pointing and some of them couldn't be trimmed until I turned
    them around. They also can't seem to trim a hedge that's smack up against a
    fence and they won't even try. They just skip that one and go on to the
    next.

    >>> ...More choices for music. Hey, Maxis, there's more to the world
    >>> than rock, pop, rap, disco and metal!!
    >>

    >> Actually, the music they play themselves on the new musical
    >> instruments is pretty good stuff.
    >
    > I'll bet if falls under the above categories, though. That's what I
    > mean. The kids who design this game are probably all in their 20s and
    > 30s, and that's all the music they've ever heard. Gee, what did
    > people do for music before 1970? I wonder what Mozart did when he
    > wanted to hear some music... :-/

    Actually, the choices for performing are rock, country and jazz. And all of
    them are good, but they sound best when performed with all the instruments
    together.

    > I miss that bandana and stickpole, too....

    I've only had one teenager (Lilith Pleasant) run away from home, but if I
    remember correctly, she took the stick and bandana with her. I might be
    wrong on that one, though.

    > Oh, another thing, is enough with all the kitchen fires. Maybe
    > *occasionally* when they have zero cooking points, but there are just
    > too many fires in this game. It gets old very fast. Same with
    > catching colds.

    Sooner or later someone will create clones of the stoves with no fires
    possible, like we had in the old game. The medicine cabinet from MTS2 takes
    care of the sickness. I don't want a global hack for the sickness, though,
    because sometimes it comes in handy. LOL

    Jeanie

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I'd like to see them at least pause to put on a jacket before
    >>> leaving the house, and to not go outside and roam about the
    >>> neighborhood in their bras or bathing suits as they often do now.
    >>
    >> Yes, why can't they whirl around and get dressed again after waking
    >> up, like
    >> they do before going to bed?
    >
    > Maybe they don't want to :) When I am off work, I do not get up and
    > get dressed automatically.

    Yes, but do you go out and trim the bushes in your jammies? LOL Well, why
    not have it written into the game code that they don't immediately get
    dressed on their day off? That would work.

    Jeanie

    >> ...More choices for music. Hey, Maxis, there's more to the world
    >> than rock, pop, rap, disco and metal!!
    >
    > I agree with this one..............we need country again!

    I miss the zydeco music from Unleashed. I actually burned that to a CD so I
    could listen to it in the car.

    Jeanie

    Giganews wrote:
    > PAY THE BILLS>>>
    > Yes, please. I gauged my success in SimCity, Pharaoh, and games of
    > those types, by being able to go to sleep with it running, and the
    > city is running reasonably fine when I wake up. I have only achieved
    > it a couple times, but what an accomplishment I felt. I'm satisfied
    > when I can go to dinner, come back, and it's running. Take that to a
    > micro level, and you work to build up a functioning house. You have
    > trained your Sims to fend for themselves. You have built an
    > efficient, modern home. Things go smooth. You turn your back away for
    > a couple hours, and everything they own has been repossessed. They
    > starve and die.
    > Pay the bills, and maybe order groceries.

    Get the "pay bills at box" hack and make sure that one of the sims is
    working. That one will usually check the mailbox when they come home from
    work and you'll never have to worry about that. And they'd have to be some
    hearty eating sims to empty an entire $300 fridge overnight, wouldn't they?

    Jeanie

    I bought Children of the Nile - it's a fabulous-looking game. I really like
    Pharoah and the Roman one.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Giganews" <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > PAY THE BILLS>>>
    > Yes, please. I gauged my success in SimCity, Pharaoh, and games of
    those
    > types, by being able to go to sleep with it running, and the city is
    running
    > reasonably fine when I wake up. I have only achieved it a couple times,
    but
    > what an accomplishment I felt. I'm satisfied when I can go to dinner,
    come
    > back, and it's running. Take that to a micro level, and you work to build
    up
    > a functioning house. You have trained your Sims to fend for themselves.
    You
    > have built an efficient, modern home. Things go smooth. You turn your back
    > away for a couple hours, and everything they own has been repossessed.
    They
    > starve and die.
    > Pay the bills, and maybe order groceries.

    Umm - can't you do that already?

    Or do you mean when a sim is born in game?

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Am Tue, 24 May 2005 17:40:11 GMT schrieb Cuthbert Gurdlestone:
    > I'd like to see them at least pause to put on a jacket before leaving
    > the house, and to not go outside and roam about the neighborhood in
    > their bras or bathing suits as they often do now.

    Yeah, and it'd be even cooler if they put on clothes according to the
    weather outside!

    > I'd also like to see:

    > ...Sims pay their own bills, empty their own trash and clean their own
    > toilets without being told to constantly.

    Strange, many of my sims do that already. Those who are neat or eager to
    gain skill points.

    > ...Sims not wave and wave and wave and tell me they're tired when
    > they're standing next to a bed, bored when they're standing next to a
    > TV, stereo and computer, hungry when there's a giant pizza on the table
    > next to them, or lonely when they're in a room full of people.

    LOL! Yeah, that's true!

    > ...An improved ability to receive deliveries or answer the door without
    > getting confused/distracted. They've made this a LITTLE better since
    > Sims 1, but it's still a chore for my Sims to answer the door and get a
    > delivery, especially in a big house.

    Agreed. Why is it the bell doesn't just make a task in them like the
    telephone so obnoxiously does? Like, when the bell rings, the Sims get the
    task to answer the door. They run to the damned phone all the time, don't
    they, but never to the door unless you tell them to!

    > ...Sims be able to order clothes on the computer and get deliveries to
    > the door as with food. I hate having to send them to a community lot to
    > get clothes, and then when they move in with someone else they don't
    > even take their choices with them!

    Seconded. Who goes shopping anyway these days? ;D

    > ...Jealousy handled more realistically. I don't want a Sim to slap
    > another Sim and refuse to sleep with them forever more because that Sim
    > danced with someone else or gave them a hug. I DO like the jealousy
    > concept, but they could tone it down a little. Also, I'd like to see
    > some Sims do threesomes. ;-) And foursomes. How about Bob, Ted, Carol
    > and Alice Sim?

    YEAH!!

    > ...More choices for music. Hey, Maxis, there's more to the world than
    > rock, pop, rap, disco and metal!!

    That's fine for me since I feed the stations my own music anyway. Right
    now, Rock is Rolling Stones, Disco is a collection of Soundtrack pieces,
    Pop is a German Medieval-Rock band called Schandmaul, Hiphop is Mozart and
    Metal is Beatles ;)

    > And how is it when married Sims break up, the one who leaves winds up
    > with (I believe) $20,000 when they start out again? They should, by
    > law, get half of everything.

    Exactly! I have this hack (I think from JM Pescado) for people who move
    out, though I haven't tried it on break ups yet. At least when they look
    for their own places, they get a part of the family money but not the
    mysterious 20,000 bucks. Can end up pretty broke, or pretty wealthy.

    :)
    Dorte

    Maxon wrote:
    > Umm - can't you do that already?
    >
    > Or do you mean when a sim is born in game?
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    No, you can only assign one outfit from each of the categories to a created
    sim. And the ones born in the game get the goofiest looking clothing
    possible generated for them. Yuck!

    Jeanie

    Bluegenie2 wrote:

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>>I'd like to see them at least pause to put on a jacket before leaving
    >>>the house, and to not go outside and roam about the neighborhood in
    >>>their bras or bathing suits as they often do now.
    >>
    >>Yes, why can't they whirl around and get dressed again after waking up,
    >>like
    >>they do before going to bed?
    >

    > Maybe they don't want to :) When I am off work, I do not get up and get
    > dressed automatically.

    I do! I ain't wandering around in what I sleep in, even when it's really
    warm out. And it certainly beats going to class in their undies like so
    many of my young ladies keep doing.

    -georg

    Maxon wrote:
    > I bought Children of the Nile - it's a fabulous-looking game. I really like
    > Pharoah and the Roman one.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    Oooh I want that Children of the Nile!!! I loved all of the Sierra
    city building games, but Emperor became my favourite - simply
    beautiful.

    But. Must. Not. Buy. Until. Exams. Over.

    (hmph, like I haven't said that before)

    ~*~
    vecki

    Jeanie wrote:

    > Today, I saw something new. As the sim was closing the doors of the armoire
    > after changing clothes, she got her finger caught in the door, squeaked a
    > little, put the finger in her mouth and did a little dance. Never saw that
    > before.

    That is the thing that amazes me most about this game. You can be
    playing it six months later and it still has surprises. I too am
    finding lots of new things. Since most of my houses have always had
    toddlers and children growing up one at a time, I haven't until recently
    seen interactions between toddlers or between tollders and children. A
    new thing to watch.

    >>>That's been partially taken care of with University and the
    >>>"influence to clean" option. When a sim has been influenced to
    >>>clean, they do all of it except paying the bills. And, if you hire
    >>>the nanny, you don't need the maid because most of them putter
    >>>around making beds and cleaning things all the time that the baby
    >>>doesn't need attention.
    >>
    >>...Except that I've found the nanny doing those things while the baby
    >>is crying and needs a diaper changed.
    >

    > The nanny named Kendal is the worst one I've had. Lazy and very slow on the
    > uptake for taking care of the kid. I tried to kill her with the controlling
    > mirror and the voodoo bottle hack, clicked "Kill by hunger," but nothing
    > happened. She kind of slumped, had the red balloon with the pot and pan in
    > it, walked around the kitchen about three times and then her van came and
    > picked her up. The father of the household was home but the mother is the
    > one who had set up the nanny to track her work schedule, so luckily nothing
    > bad happened. But she simply wouldn't die. How do you kill a nanny? Wall
    > her up in an upstairs closet so she can't get to her van?

    In the old game NPCs could teleport out of any entrapment, sos you
    couldn't kill them. Then again, in the old game they didn't regenerate
    with new ones: there was one maid, one cop, etc...

    >>>You can also influence her
    >>>to serve a meal, but there's no telling what you'll get.
    >>
    >>Kinda like what Forrest Gump said.
    >

    > Well, it sure wasn't a box of chocolates. <g> She made omelets and set
    > them on the floor in the corner of the dining room.

    THAT'S something I miss from the old game. I liked it when flirting or
    friendly Sims would come to your house with a box of chocolates or even
    (yech!) fruitcake.

    >>In some of the bigger houses the gardeners aren't pulling weeds and
    >>trimming hedges because they can't figure out their way around the
    >> yard. I have to send a Sim out to do it, and sometimes even they
    >>can't. Sheesh!
    >

    > Make sure you have the bushes and hedges put in facing the right direction.
    > I had a row of hedges once and I didn't pay attention to which direction the
    > arrows were pointing and some of them couldn't be trimmed until I turned
    > them around. They also can't seem to trim a hedge that's smack up against a
    > fence and they won't even try. They just skip that one and go on to the
    > next.

    Well, some of these are Maxis-designed houses so they should be made
    properly.

    ....Then again, Maxis has included houses where you can't fit a double
    bed in ANY of the bedrooms! These houses are clearly too large to be
    intended for bachelor Sims, plus even Bachelor Sims like to have nights
    of passion. For a house I recently moved some Sims into, I had to add
    an extra door to the outside terrace so that Sims could access both
    sides of the bed! Now one Sim goes into the bedroom the "normal" way
    and the other walks out onto the terrace from the hall and goes into the
    bedroom on the other side through a second door on said terrance.
    Stupid, but it works.

    > Actually, the choices for performing are rock, country and jazz. And all of
    > them are good, but they sound best when performed with all the instruments
    > together.

    How about classical? I'd like to see some of my nerdy Sims join a
    baroque or Rennaisance ensemble. A church choir? A glee club? Broadway?

    >>I miss that bandana and stickpole, too....
    >

    > I've only had one teenager (Lilith Pleasant) run away from home, but if I
    > remember correctly, she took the stick and bandana with her. I might be
    > wrong on that one, though.

    No, I think she just runs, and the stickpole appears in her little
    picture to signify she's gone. Yeah, that brat ran away on me numerous
    times. Never had that problem with other kids.

    >>Oh, another thing, is enough with all the kitchen fires. Maybe
    >>*occasionally* when they have zero cooking points, but there are just
    >>too many fires in this game. It gets old very fast. Same with
    >>catching colds.
    >

    > Sooner or later someone will create clones of the stoves with no fires
    > possible, like we had in the old game. The medicine cabinet from MTS2 takes
    > care of the sickness. I don't want a global hack for the sickness, though,
    > because sometimes it comes in handy. LOL

    I thought maybe someone had done stoves with no fires, though there are
    still other ways of getting them. Still, I don't want to eliminate
    fires, but fires twice a day is ridiculous. That's one reason why I
    often use a "cheat" to give my Sims lots of cooking points right off
    thae bat. In the real world, what 30-year-old only knows how to make
    cereal without buring the house down???

    Well, actually, if you said "Paris Hilton," it wouldn't surprise me,
    even though she's not yet 30.

    --
    --Cuth

    > Maxon wrote:
    >> Umm - can't you do that already?
    >>
    >> Or do you mean when a sim is born in game?
    >>
    >> Best wishes
    >> Maxon
    >
    > No, you can only assign one outfit from each of the categories to a
    > created
    > sim. And the ones born in the game get the goofiest looking clothing
    > possible generated for them. Yuck!
    >
    > Jeanie

    So take them to the dresser and change :)

    >> "Nanci Donacki" <captainnanci@verizon.net> wrote in message

    >>> Or at least be able to pick out a wardrobe when you create Sims? Or
    >>> at least a couple of choices of clothes?
    >>> -ned

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 15:31:23 +0200, Dorte Schünecke
    <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote:

    >I'd love seasons. Imagine building a house and deciding whether to include
    >heating or just ovens! And the bills would rise in winter to pay for
    >heating... "no, Bella Goth, hands off that thermostate, we have to make
    >ends meet - just freeze" ;) and the bigger the house, the more expensive
    >the heating...

    I'd like to see this applied to how many lights you have as well...
    and maybe how often they're on. If you have them "always on" they'd be
    more expensive etc.

    >I'd also like a trait "jealousy", since that's become so important in
    >Sims2. I'm still angry with Maxis for including Romance sims but not
    >getting rid of that jealousy - okay, there are hacks for it, but Maxis
    >should have dealt with it in the first place.

    I tend to agree. I think sims should be able to define the extent of
    their own relationships. I also think threeway relationships etc.
    should be possible. Maybe even multiple marriages. This is a game,
    afterall. I had three sims who all fell for eachother by random
    chance, but they slapped the sh.. out of eachother. They should have
    just worked it out.

    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:bpj99116ii18aaq8uq781vv882dev5lngh@4ax.com...
    > On Tue, 24 May 2005 15:31:23 +0200, Dorte Schünecke
    > <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote:
    >
    >>I'd love seasons. Imagine building a house and deciding whether to include
    >>heating or just ovens! And the bills would rise in winter to pay for
    >>heating... "no, Bella Goth, hands off that thermostate, we have to make
    >>ends meet - just freeze" ;) and the bigger the house, the more expensive
    >>the heating...
    >
    > I'd like to see this applied to how many lights you have as well...
    > and maybe how often they're on. If you have them "always on" they'd be
    > more expensive etc.

    Hmmmm. And the first thing that would happen is someone would bring out a
    hack for free electricity and the second thing is everyone would rush off to
    download it?

    I hate to sound cynical, but....

    GG

    Jeanie wrote:

    > They do pay their bills according to the size of the house, though, if
    > you'll notice. It's not just repairman/gardener/maid/nanny bills that they
    > are paying. Sims have to pay bills even when they don't hire anyone to do
    > anything for them. And the bigger the house, the higher the bills are.

    Actually, it's based on the total value of the house and the objects in
    it, not the size. A spartan house with four floors, 6 bedrooms and 4
    bathrooms and the cheapest possible furniture can quite possibly have
    smaller bills than a 1 bedroom house with five total rooms, with the
    lot jammed packed with wall plasma tvs, the most expensive furnishings,
    and two hot tubs.

    I had a house that unfurnished went for about 9k simoleons, when I
    moved one woman in with a huge budget and tricked it out like crazy, I
    was getting 200+ simoleon upkeep bills, which are usually the case for
    houses that go for about 3-4 times that much unfurnished.

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Maxon wrote:
    >>> Umm - can't you do that already?
    >>>
    >>> Or do you mean when a sim is born in game?
    >>>
    >>> Best wishes
    >>> Maxon
    >>
    >> No, you can only assign one outfit from each of the categories to a
    >> created
    >> sim. And the ones born in the game get the goofiest looking clothing
    >> possible generated for them. Yuck!
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >
    > So take them to the dresser and change :)

    They look so odd scrubbing the toilet in their ballgown, though. LOL

    Jeanie

    >> I'd love seasons. Imagine building a house and deciding whether to
    >> include heating or just ovens! And the bills would rise in winter to
    >> pay for heating... "no, Bella Goth, hands off that thermostate, we
    >> have to make ends meet - just freeze" ;) and the bigger the house,
    >> the more expensive the heating...
    >
    > I'd like to see this applied to how many lights you have as well...
    > and maybe how often they're on. If you have them "always on" they'd be
    > more expensive etc.

    They do pay their bills according to the size of the house, though, if
    you'll notice. It's not just repairman/gardener/maid/nanny bills that they
    are paying. Sims have to pay bills even when they don't hire anyone to do
    anything for them. And the bigger the house, the higher the bills are.

    Jeanie

    >I know, I know, there are expansion packs coming and so on, but what major
    >features would you love to see in a few years?

    Background for lots: I don't know how many people here played
    Bustin' Out but all the lots had prerendered backgrounds, it added so
    much to the game its unreal. I hate how the world ends a few feet
    outside the Sims house. You should be able to see the houses, trees etc
    around it

    Body sliders in CaS: So, you can have tall Sims, short Sims, fat Sims
    (and I mean RL fat not what Maxis think is fat!) Will make the
    animation harder to do but still it would add a lot to the game.

    Give created Sims skills: ie the afford mention cooking skills. Its
    boring to train a new Sim up, I usually use SimPe. To stop people
    overloading Sims with Skills it could be done the same way as traits.
    Ie you get 10 points and its up to you where you put them. Plus younger
    Sims will get less points then older ones.

    None of the 20k whenever you move out: You should be able to give Sims
    as much money as you have.

    Maxis tools to create new objects and animations: Never going to happen
    but since they've always promised it about time they delivered on
    that promise.

    A better facility to manage downloads: Not dumped into one folder, but
    the ability to put items in sub folders and manage them in game. It's
    a nightmare to work out which file is which item and which Sims is
    wearing it. Could all quite easily be done in game.

    Seasons: As previously stated.

    Be able to create real towns and cities: Any neighbourhood you make
    ultimately resembles some suburbs. I want a real city with skyscrapers,
    subways etc.

    Being able to go with your Sims to work or school: Speaks for itself
    really but you get all the interaction you would normally get there.
    Promotions would be on how well you manage your Sim at work and not
    just a case of raising skills and some random event triggering.

    Slower ages process: They age to fast, especially kids. No time at all
    to do all things you want to. I know you can turn it off buts not the
    point.

    Am Wed, 25 May 2005 20:27:26 GMT schrieb Cuthbert Gurdlestone:

    > THAT'S something I miss from the old game. I liked it when flirting or
    > friendly Sims would come to your house with a box of chocolates or even
    > (yech!) fruitcake.

    Can you believe that I actually forgot they did that?? :o
    That was always SO cute! :D

    And I miss the bonfire - from Living it Large I think. What's cuter than
    sims sitting around a fire telling stories, roasting marshmallows, or
    singing "Michael row the boat ashore"?
    Nowadays it's all about TV and whirlpools. *sigh* Materialism has conquered
    the Sims...

    >> I've only had one teenager (Lilith Pleasant) run away from home, but if I
    >> remember correctly, she took the stick and bandana with her. I might be
    >> wrong on that one, though.
    >
    > No, I think she just runs, and the stickpole appears in her little
    > picture to signify she's gone. Yeah, that brat ran away on me numerous
    > times. Never had that problem with other kids.

    :o never had that problem at all!!! I'd love to see it!

    Dorte

    Am Wed, 25 May 2005 21:20:06 +0200 schrieb Guardian Pegasus:
    >>I'd love seasons. Imagine building a house and deciding whether to include
    >>heating or just ovens! And the bills would rise in winter to pay for
    >>heating... "no, Bella Goth, hands off that thermostate, we have to make
    >>ends meet - just freeze" ;) and the bigger the house, the more expensive
    >>the heating...
    >
    > I'd like to see this applied to how many lights you have as well...
    > and maybe how often they're on. If you have them "always on" they'd be
    > more expensive etc.

    Oh yes, brilliant! I can see me in front of the monitor, building a house
    for a family... "no lights in the bedrooms, you idiots won't be able to
    afford those anyway" ;D

    > I think sims should be able to define the extent of
    > their own relationships. I also think threeway relationships etc.
    > should be possible. Maybe even multiple marriages. This is a game,
    > afterall. I had three sims who all fell for eachother by random
    > chance, but they slapped the sh.. out of eachother. They should have
    > just worked it out.

    Exactly. It should be a character trait instead of the ultimate truth, then
    it'd be a lot closer to reality. "So you're snogging my husband, huh? Damn
    you! You'll have to pay by snogging ME as well" ;)

    Dorte

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:33:31 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
    <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hmmmm. And the first thing that would happen is someone would bring out a
    >hack for free electricity and the second thing is everyone would rush off to
    >download it?
    >
    >I hate to sound cynical, but....

    But people do that anyway, no matter what the developers do. A lot of
    us like having the game somewhat realistic at times too. The bills for
    instance used to be way too high, but now they're so low they're
    meaningless. Besides, if people want money, there's always the
    motherlode cheat, etc... I wish Maxis made these things optional
    though. A game balancing option screen, where you could select this,
    wether or not you wanted bills at all, level of jealousy etc.

    in message news:sqcb91ll22nlsgvivu6bi615skv154ibr9@4ax.com...
    > On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:33:31 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
    > <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Hmmmm. And the first thing that would happen is someone would bring out a
    >>hack for free electricity and the second thing is everyone would rush off
    >>download it?
    >>
    >>I hate to sound cynical, but....
    >
    > But people do that anyway, no matter what the developers do. A lot of
    > us like having the game somewhat realistic at times too.

    Yes, me too.

    The bills for
    > instance used to be way too high, but now they're so low they're
    > meaningless. Besides, if people want money, there's always the
    > motherlode cheat, etc... I wish Maxis made these things optional
    > though. A game balancing option screen, where you could select this,
    > wether or not you wanted bills at all, level of jealousy etc.

    That would be one way out. Don;t get me wrong, I use the user cheat no end
    when i am running a game, but I do wonder what the Maxi people think about
    all this after they plotted it all in - and made the wretched game almost
    impossible to enjoy if you play it on the rocks.

    The other day I removed my downloads folder when I was installing an old
    house, and forgot to put it back. I thought 'oh well, might as well keep
    going..'
    Cor!!! 8(((( I was exiting like a shot, I can tell you. And I keep my hacks
    to a minimum-ish.

    The ones I could not live without is the select mirror, the transporter pic
    and the user boolprop cheat. With these I can fine control the Sims
    attitudes, Tweak them to have new ideas, feel differently about things that
    happen. bring the right people into the scene and make em behave.
    Bully them, in other words.

    Granny.

    Ah - you mean you wear more than one set of clothes?

    Hmmmm

    Maxon

    > No, you can only assign one outfit from each of the categories to a
    created
    > sim. And the ones born in the game get the goofiest looking clothing
    > possible generated for them. Yuck!
    >
    > Jeanie

    Ahh - one of the advantages of being a post-grad is not having to do exams.
    All our undergrads are frantically cramming their brains with useless
    information at the moment while me and my mates get to sit in the sunshine,
    laugh softly and watch them go by. I love university life.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Dorte Schünecke wrote:
    > Am Wed, 25 May 2005 20:27:26 GMT schrieb Cuthbert Gurdlestone:
    >
    >> THAT'S something I miss from the old game. I liked it when flirting
    >> or friendly Sims would come to your house with a box of chocolates
    >> or even (yech!) fruitcake.
    >
    > Can you believe that I actually forgot they did that?? :o
    > That was always SO cute! :D
    >
    > And I miss the bonfire - from Living it Large I think. What's cuter
    > than sims sitting around a fire telling stories, roasting
    > marshmallows, or singing "Michael row the boat ashore"?
    > Nowadays it's all about TV and whirlpools. *sigh* Materialism has
    > conquered the Sims...

    There's a huge bonfire (much more realistic, IMO) in University. They can
    roast marshmallows and tell stories around it. That's the only actions I
    saw, but I didn't play it very long.

    Jeanie

    Maxon wrote:
    > Ah - you mean you wear more than one set of clothes?
    >
    > Hmmmm
    >
    > Maxon

    Well, think about it. A Sim is a child for, what, 8 days? A teen for 14?
    a Young adult for 24 days, an Adult for 28 days, and an elder for who knows
    how long. Would you wear the same outfit for your entire grade school
    years? High school? College? How about never getting to change clothes,
    except for your jammies, your underwear (the same ones, no less!) or your
    workout duds from the time you graduate college until you retire? Eeeewwww!
    LOL

    Jeanie

    In the new expansion "Nightlife" you will see the houses around the site and
    Sims can drive their own cars to work.
    I think I heard the EA Rep say that you can build the garages too.

    Check out the videos that are available. I think it was the ten minute plus
    demonstration one from E3.

    Skeatsan''co

    "Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> schreef in bericht
    >I know, I know, there are expansion packs coming and so on, but what major
    > features would you love to see in a few years?

    I would love it if they got the Simwords back they used in Sims1 !
    I miss the stuff like : commonsnala?
    I agree with the seasons; what a site it would be when our Sims wake up and
    they notice it's snowing :-)))
    And maybe some more random stuff in their characters. Stuff that really is
    typical for one of your Sims, for instance.

    --
    Khanzi

    I had Lilith run away right around the time Danny-boy got caught out
    with the maid. I'd been so busy watching Mary-Sue sob, kick out
    Daniel, fight (and lose to) Kaylynn, and sob some more, I'd forgotten
    to pay attention to Lilith until she sprinted out the door.

    Needless to say Mary-Sue, Lilith and Angela had a little heart to heart
    when she came home (while watching the tv - the only way I seemed to be
    able to get them to talk and not storm off after three seconds).

    Even though Lilith and Angela are now friends, the 'enemy' icon still
    appears in their relationship list. Maybe that'll disappear if/when
    they become best friends :/

    Interestingly, even though Mary-Sue's relationship with Daniel is at an
    all time low, she still wants to hug, kiss, talk with him.

    ~*~
    vecki

    Hi There!!!

    I would like if the sims could visit their neighbours, instead of the
    neighbours always come running by.

    MissMus!!!

    Dorte Schünecke wrote:
    > Am Wed, 25 May 2005 20:27:26 GMT schrieb Cuthbert Gurdlestone:
    >

    >>THAT'S something I miss from the old game. I liked it when flirting or
    >>friendly Sims would come to your house with a box of chocolates or even
    >>(yech!) fruitcake.
    >

    > Can you believe that I actually forgot they did that?? :o
    > That was always SO cute! :D
    >
    > And I miss the bonfire - from Living it Large I think. What's cuter than
    > sims sitting around a fire telling stories, roasting marshmallows, or
    > singing "Michael row the boat ashore"?
    > Nowadays it's all about TV and whirlpools. *sigh* Materialism has conquered
    > the Sims...

    Oh, no it hasn't. Bonfires didn't come in the original Sims 1. TVs and
    hot tubs did. As we get more EPs we'll surely get camp fires again.

    --
    --Cuth

    Jeanie wrote:

    > Get the "pay bills at box" hack and make sure that one of the sims is
    > working. That one will usually check the mailbox when they come home from
    > work and you'll never have to worry about that. And they'd have to be some
    > hearty eating sims to empty an entire $300 fridge overnight, wouldn't they?

    The inevitable question: does the "pay bills at box" hack work okay with
    Univ. installed?

    I assume it's at ModTheSims, right?

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Jeanie wrote:
    >
    >> Get the "pay bills at box" hack and make sure that one of the sims is
    >> working. That one will usually check the mailbox when they come
    >> home from work and you'll never have to worry about that. And
    >> they'd have to be some hearty eating sims to empty an entire $300
    >> fridge overnight, wouldn't they?
    >
    > The inevitable question: does the "pay bills at box" hack work okay
    > with Univ. installed?

    I've had no problems with it at all.

    > I assume it's at ModTheSims, right?

    Yep. :-)