What temperature to stress test too?

chico1st

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
I know GPUs can handle very high temperatures happily but when you are OCing your card and stessing it, what temps do you run it to?
I've always used 80C as my design point but i was wondering what others did.

Solution
yeah stress testing is just that...stress testing...it will try to max out your card so yeah you will see higher temps when Im srtessing my card ( i did some modding to my card and case) I max out @ 72...so with stock cooler and paste reaching 80 is fine for stressing even gaming for along time but like I said if you go obove 95 then you will run into either crashes or you will simply lessin the cards life span.....if your gamin you will have to upgrade that card within the next 2 years to keep up with the games ...unless you dont mind low res

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
What card are you using? what brand and model #? and USUALLY 80 is a bit high but ok and wont damage anything unless your gammin 24/7....but ndvidia cards can run @ higher temps than the hd series

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
yeah stress testing is just that...stress testing...it will try to max out your card so yeah you will see higher temps when Im srtessing my card ( i did some modding to my card and case) I max out @ 72...so with stock cooler and paste reaching 80 is fine for stressing even gaming for along time but like I said if you go obove 95 then you will run into either crashes or you will simply lessin the cards life span.....if your gamin you will have to upgrade that card within the next 2 years to keep up with the games ...unless you dont mind low res

Solution