Negative Results after overclocking

intelatifan

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Hi guys,

I overclocked my HD 5770 by about 100 Mhz for core clock and 150 Mhz for Memory Clock. I started AC brotherhood but what i got was some shocking results.

1. When i press "f" to target the enemy, screen shows some bizzare graphics like ezio is drowning in the soil.
2. Picture looks little brighter.

Is there anything wrong with HD 5770 or Ati Catalyst Driver?

Pls help :(

That means your overclock isn't stable. It's likely the CPU core overclock that's causing the problem. Try decreasing that in 10MHz steps until the 'bizarre graphics' stop happening.

You could also try increasing the GPU core voltage (assuming the overclocking program you use allows it), but depending on your cooling that might not be a good idea.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
yeah sounds like a memory oc issue...if stock clocks run fine run a clean sweep of ati ccc and reinstall it that might help. I had an issue like this with my low end 5770 and I ended up gettin rid of ccc and used a different oc utility and was able to go WAY higher on my clocks and still be stable you should easily be able to get 1000 out of your core clock with NO overvolting. http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/05/28/c7p.png thats what I got mine running on stock voltage oh and if you click the link you will see that Im runnin the 11.4 driver pack....with the 11.5 I could not clock that high and be stable