Intake OR Exhaust

Mervyn1389

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
I am currently puzzled whether to change my intake fan to exhaust fan as many people asked me to change it to an exhaust fan.
I Have A Power Supply Exhaust Fan That blows hot air out of the case.
Below it i have a Cooler master intake fan.
Should i change it to a exhaust fan?
**I cant add fans as this is a hp case and it only supports 2 fans.Both at the back of the case.
Specs
MSI CYCLONE POWER 6850
@900.1100
i5 750
510w acbel powersupply
OEM motherboard.
Stock HS.
1zoyybk.jpg

jl5clt.jpg

Top fan==>PSU

edgaraslt

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
I can only see one fan at the back of the case.
And as I see that fan holes are at the bottom of the case. If so, you should leave it as an intake fan. If it would be just under the psu fan, then you should put it as an exhaust.

Check front panel, there should be some holes to put fans.

But if you want to have any airflow you must buy a case with bottom mounted psu.

Mervyn1389

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Its a hp case,the biggest square filter is the heatsink sucking/blow air out (idk),my hp case cant be modded as theres a push up/push down technology which hides the front usb.My PSU fan is the one of the top while at the bottom is a Cooler master fan.Will the intake fan at the bottom suck in hot air that is blown out by the psu fan?
So you guys mean i should just change it to a exhaust?

in my experience, every time i have tried just intake fans, it has made the temp go up compared to a single exhaust fan regardless of where its positioned. Since yours is positioned right near the CPU fan it should draw some of the hot air away from that and the direction of air flow will allow cooler air from outside the case to go through the side panel vents and into the cpu fan. like i said, just try it and see for yourself.