dynobuco

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Hi, I have a problem with the temps on my q9400 I installed yesterday.
I mounted it with a stock intel cooler. Used thermal paste, etc.
My bios is giving me a cpu temp arround 50ºc. Went into windows and used hwmonitor and coretemp and saw idle temps around 35º-40º on all four cores. Nothing strange here besides the higher temp my bios is giving me.

My problem is that when i do a stress test (I used Prime95, orthos, intelburntest) my temps just blast away to 80ºc + in just a few seconds. I quickly shut down the test because they keep rising.
When I mounted the intel hsf (hard as hell) it seemed to be mounted properly, but could it just be a loose pin or something similar? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

dynobuco

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Okay. so i mounted the HSF properly and double checked it was mounted properly. Idle temps are now higher! in the 40's now.
Dont know what to do. I re-mounted it a couple more times to be sure. Same thing. The cpu just keeps getting hotter.
Would a different cooler solve my problem? Even with an Intel stock hsf these temps should be lower i think.

dynobuco

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I was still having problems with my cpu load temps. So I decided to get an aftermarket cooler and im really satisfied with the results. Idle temp around 34ºC and 50ºC on load. Problem solved.