Computer cursor moves on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundrat

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
My cursor moves after I release my cursor arrows. I should stop cold but ends up still moving for a while which is very annoying and it does the same thing on all my 3D programs as well when the cursor keyboard arrows are used. any fixes for this?

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
Are you referring to the fact that, when you're holding the mouse button down to drag with and release the button, the cursor moves a pixel? If so, I get that too and I don't know why. Before I got the Z68 motherboard I now have, this didn't happen. Perhaps it's the drivers? I wouldn't know. Try updating them.

soundrat

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

Thanks for replying. No it is when I press the forward arrow on the keyboard that when I release it, it still moves. It does that on my excel spreadsheet also and microsoft word and whenever I use the up arrow.

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
Does it occur outside the use of Word and Excel? If it's exclusive to these, what version are you using and what mouse do you have? Have you tried updating/reinstalling the drivers for the mouse?

I have version 2002 of Word and Excel and I don't get this. I have a basic optical USB mouse, Microsoft brand.

Edit: Now that I think about it, are you referring to the mouse arrow cursor or the highlight moving? That is, if you press up in Excel, the active cell moves up a row. If that is the case, that's normal behavior. I make great use of this all the time as sometimes, keyboard navigation can be faster than the mouse. Holding shift forms selections and holding control jumps around (between words or between paragraphs). If the keyboard arrow buttons move the mouse cursor, that's a different subject, as I'd only expect that kind of behavior with older games and console games.

soundrat

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

this occurs outside of excel and word as well such as 3D gaming which moves the avatar forward using upward keyboard arrows and won't stop for a moment after releasing the up arrow key and also sometimes the up arrow key delays being activated before it works and delays stopping after releasing key. Happens nearly all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.