D

Deleted member 362816

I have a total of 4 stat 6gps ports.

Intel® P67 Express Chipset
2 xSATA 6.0 Gb/s ports (brown)
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10
Marvell® PCIe SATA 6Gb/s controller
2 xSATA 6Gb/s ports (gray)

They are two diffrent controllers ones marvell ones intel can i run 4 hdds together in raid or do i have to raid 1 set then another. Also can you raid two diffrent sets?

Solution
Reasonable question. I might be wrong, but I am fairly certain that because they use a different controller there isn't really a way to set up a 4 way sata 6gps array. I have a raid set up on the intel sata 6gps (standard platter hard drives in raid 0) and an SSD on the marvell controller. The marvell driver is very buggy - i would get random blue screens, and my computer would just reboot itself when I had the marvell driver installed. When I uninstalled it, my computer has been rock-solid since.

Basically, you have to set up your raid array from the bios. You know how when the bios/uefi is loading, there are 3 sequential black screens that flash? one is the intel sata options, one is the marvell and the third is the JMB controller...

erickoch

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Reasonable question. I might be wrong, but I am fairly certain that because they use a different controller there isn't really a way to set up a 4 way sata 6gps array. I have a raid set up on the intel sata 6gps (standard platter hard drives in raid 0) and an SSD on the marvell controller. The marvell driver is very buggy - i would get random blue screens, and my computer would just reboot itself when I had the marvell driver installed. When I uninstalled it, my computer has been rock-solid since.

Basically, you have to set up your raid array from the bios. You know how when the bios/uefi is loading, there are 3 sequential black screens that flash? one is the intel sata options, one is the marvell and the third is the JMB controller. When one of these screens loads - for example the intel oprom will prompt you to press ctrl-i to enter into the raid setup utility. When you do this, the intel utility will detect and offer to set up drives connected into raid. I don't see how you could utilize the drives connected to the marvell controller through this...

Anyways, hope this helps you out a bit!

Eric

Solution