disaster101

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
ive had the 6970 for a little while and have planned overclocking it for a while i have the amd overdrive which i plan to use and just want to know if there is a website that will show me everything i need. one other thing is that it has a power control setting would like to know how to use that properly if anyone knows that is because never had that with my previous card the 5770 any help much appreciated :)

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Thats a good jump to the 6970...I got a 5770 as well.....I dont knooew by what you say about what you would need....unless your talking about a gfx overclocking tool then I HIGHLY recommend trixx utillity...free small program that lets you over clock and overvolt.....the the power control is your overvolt....so lets say you hit a wall of 1000/1350 stable...with a bit more volts goin to it you will be more stable at higher clocks....but the only thing you have to worry about is temp....keep it just under 85c for your stress tests and that card will last you for years...goin to around 90 will shorten the cards life span