Just replaced my mobo for an identical one....

Bonng

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
replaced a asus p5n32sli deluxe with the exact brand make and mondel mobo.... it gave me some hassles getting it started but it did eventually let me boot my windows that was already on the raid 0 hard drives from before. Ran kind of in spurts real chuggy. Started wow and was instantly meet by freezes and lock ups some would eventually let me have control again and others wouldnt.... then i was like hmm... something not set or updated right... but at that point i was unsuccessful at getting windows to boot to even try to get a bios update for it. i figure that the only thing that isnt the same from before. now i struggle to even get a post.

When i was getting lock ups i also would have to restart a few times to get it to post with out it doing one of two things beeping constantly or not posting at all....

Ive tried the bare bones no memory trick and it 100% beeps when thats the case.
ive tried the video card with a new one that didnt help solve the problem.
ive tried one stick in different slots. then the other stick in different slots(at different times)

Then i was like well its not a real current model lets check the CMOS battery for voltage...1v not gonna work (as far as i know) so i put in a battery with 3v's.

Then with no keyboard or hard drives plugged in and haviing the battery out/moving the jumper. I managed to get it to post and beep... then the screen flashed something and then beepd twice and went to a black screen.

So thats where im at atm... no post no video... and no beeps w/ memory in, it beeps with it out.

Any ideas... it worked for about 3 hours today just kind of did some internet browsing and such forth to let the board "burn in" not sure if they need it but it couldnt hurt i thought.

So any thoughts on what to do next... ive reseated everything power cables vid card ram....havent reseated heat sink/CPU yet cut they were working and werent bumped from working to not working state... i may try the reseating of those two things but not sure if thats even the right place to start.

Thanks again and sorry for the wall of text but i figure it saves time if i give you all i have so you dont have to ask 20 questions to get a feel for it.

Ohh and the system with old mobo ran for 3years 14days (14 days out of warranty of course) no change but mobo makes me confused at this point.

Bonng

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
P5N32-SLI Deluxe
2.66g e6700 core 2 duo CPU
1g x 2 DDR2 low latency Patriot RAM
Nforce4 raid 0 hard drives Seagate SATA 250gx2
700w Hipro PSU
Radeon HD 4650(brand new just bought a few days ago to test if it was the vid card or not)
Liquid cooled
Is an Alienware Area-51 7500.... that 14 days out of warranty i couldnt even speak to a manager unless i paid for an extended warranty that would only get me phone support for 40 bucks and the lady didnt speak very good english i couldnt even get transfered to a different person so she said.