Wrong CPU Listed In Utilities

am-th

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Hi,

I've just been working on a new system with a Gigabyte MA785GPMT-UD2H and a Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition processor.

I've spent quite a bit of time searching for an answer to my below question but can't seem to find it.

My question is this, right now the CPU identification string is "Phenom II X3 720" displayed using tools such as AMD Overdrive, CPUz (1.52) etc. When I look at most CPUz Screen Shots from other folks I see "Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition". I note that Core Temp 0.99.5 lists it as a "Phenom II X3 720 BE".

I can't for the life of me remember whether CPUz etc. showed it with the Black Edition string before. I did enable Hybrid EC Firmware & ACC... Now it's back to Normal.

Any ideas on whether this is normal? What should I expect..

Appreciate any help,
Art

am-th

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

Thanks for the help. Just needed to bounce my thoughts off someone.. Now that you say it, I didn't realize that AMD didn't make a 720 non BE..

Man, you have no idea how long I'd spent searching for something, and there it is. I was going crosseyed searching before I posted my question here.. :)

Thanks again!

ulysses35

Distinguished
you can alwasy check which CPU you have with CPUID - free to download and use.... will show which CPU etc and a host of other useful info.

You may find that a BIOS update might cure the problem, but if its working at the correct speed then why worry ?

am-th

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

Yep, I'll see what CPUID has to say...

True, not really worried anymore!