Sign in with
Your question

For people contemplating a budget build soon.

Last response: in Systems
June 15, 2009 3:32:46 AM

I just found this on TD.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

50 bucks more gets a blu-ray drive. Pretty good deal for people who don't want to piece everything together. And for 350 bucks...I'm not sure you could build anything this good individually buying parts.

I'm even considering purchasing one as it's cheaper than the current idea for gf to play WoW.
June 15, 2009 7:30:58 AM

AlphaOmegaX said:
I just found this on TD.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

50 bucks more gets a blu-ray drive. Pretty good deal for people who don't want to piece everything together. And for 350 bucks...I'm not sure you could build anything this good individually buying parts.

I'm even considering purchasing one as it's cheaper than the current idea for gf to play WoW.

it looks decent i tried building a cheaper better alternative but i couldnt beat this however i would swap the psu for something better
June 15, 2009 7:52:59 AM

In all honesty the psu isn't THAT bad.

32 amps on the 12v would be enough to power most, if not all cards on the market. For a budget build you wouldn't really be trying to run sli gtx 295's either. But why you'd be running those with an X2 from AMD I don't know.

Damn when I think about it, swapping out the psu for something better would mean swapping in a better cpu & better gpu to constitute the extra money.

I still think it's a fine deal for a budget rig. The 9600 could probably be swapped out with a 4850 and or just oc the gso itself...

Only thing missing is a monitor,kb,mouse :D  As for the gso, most people, MOST, people looking to game on a budget aren't playing on 30 inch lcd's either.
Related resources
June 15, 2009 10:46:51 AM

AlphaOmegaX said:
In all honesty the psu isn't THAT bad.

32 amps on the 12v would be enough to power most, if not all cards on the market. For a budget build you wouldn't really be trying to run sli gtx 295's either. But why you'd be running those with an X2 from AMD I don't know.

Damn when I think about it, swapping out the psu for something better would mean swapping in a better cpu & better gpu to constitute the extra money.

I still think it's a fine deal for a budget rig. The 9600 could probably be swapped out with a 4850 and or just oc the gso itself...

Only thing missing is a monitor,kb,mouse :D  As for the gso, most people, MOST, people looking to game on a budget aren't playing on 30 inch lcd's either.

you are right if you could sell the psu and the graphics card and replace them with a decent psu (a good 500 watts psu will do) and then simply run it with either the 4830 or 4770 or even a 4850...even when you add kb,monitor and mouse into that you still save quite a lot of money so can't complain there i suppose...
June 15, 2009 11:31:36 AM

rooseveltdon said:
you are right if you could sell the psu and the graphics card and replace them with a decent psu (a good 500 watts psu will do) and then simply run it with either the 4830 or 4770 or even a 4850...even when you add kb,monitor and mouse into that you still save quite a lot of money so can't complain there i suppose...

I'm really curious as to why you'd downgrade from a 600 to a 500w psu.

Even though you're only running single rail.

The 600 would power a 4850 just fine.

Moving into cards like a 4870 you might be pushing it a bit.

But again, in terms of a budget pc, strictly speaking to game with. You wouldn't really need to upgrade that far. If you were going to spend 350 for a pc, then another 110 for ANOTHER gpu and another "good brand" 70-150 dollar psu...it kinda takes away the budget idea.

Wouldn't you agree?
!