Your question

Display driver not working

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 5, 2009 11:46:19 PM

hello, i am currently running the latest version of the ATI drivers on my Radeon HD 3870 (or at least i think how can you diffidently tell what version you are on?). and the "display driver" keeps crashing this happens when i am playing a game AND when i am not playing games. it used to happen only once a day but not it happens pretty regularly and it is driving me nuts! so can some one please tell me a fix for this problem i really need one thanks.

OS- vista 64 bit (just pre orderd win7 yay!)
GFX card - Radeon HD 3870

ps: i will be uninstalling and re-installing the drivers and will post back if that works but please give me some help.

More about : display driver working

July 6, 2009 1:37:33 AM

Make sure Vista is fully updated, check the temperatures on your card by using the Catalyst Control Center or GPU-Z and make sure they aren't too high, and, is the card overclocked?
m
l
July 6, 2009 3:06:24 AM

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads28.html

Snoop around here^^^ maybe something will jump out at you,you should consider getting something that can completely remove any video drivers [like "Your Uninstaller 2008"] any version of Everest,, can tell you what version you are running,suggest try reinstalling your drrectX,and maybe you do have a heat problem,because that is one thing that can cause repeated stoppages ..:) 
m
l
July 6, 2009 2:46:23 PM

If you had Nvidia drivers before and did not clean them out properly, this may be a problem.
You would use a program like Driver Cleaner Pro.

m
l
Related resources
!