My computer Temperture

CompuTronix

Intel Master
@ nutz,

Check out the Core i7 and Core 2 Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/221745-29-sticky-core-core-temperature-guide

@ shubham1401,

On the contrary, SpeedFan is an excellent Freeware monitoring utility, when properly configured, which provides calibrations for CPU temperature AND Core temperatures, but it's best suited to intermediate and advanced enthusiasts. Hardware Monitor can NOT be calibrated, and Real Temp provides calibrations for Core temperatures ONLY!

Comp :sol:

CompuTronix

Intel Master
If you read SpeedFan's "Help and HOW-TO", or the on-line F.A.Q. items, then you'll understand that Aux 119 is simply an unassigned input that can be disabled by clicking on the "Configure" tab, just as the flame icons are alarm limits which can be adjusted by also clicking on the "Configure" tab.

well we still need to know a few thing.
1. is it load or idle temps?
2. if it's idle temps then we need to see load temps.
3. what cpu is it? Core i7, i5, p II, ect.

Just run prime95 for 15 to 30 minute (or more) and it will show if the cpu has a temp problem.

CompuTronix

Intel Master

Let's be a little more specific here.

Since 97% thermal saturation is reached within 7 to 8 minutes, a 10 minute test is adequate. Prime95 Small FFT's is the Standard for thermal testing, because it's a steady-state 100% workload which yields steady-state temperatures, whereas Blend is a cyclic workload which yields fluctuating temperatures. Further, thermal testing should be conducted as close as possible to 22c Standard ambient, with case covers removed, the computer clear of any desk enclosures, and all fans at 100% RPM, so as to eliminate cooling variables among differing hardware configurations. Results will henceforth be consistent and repeatable.

sometimes cpu may need only 7 mins others may need longer. that why i recommenced 15 mins at minimal. Each CPU is different.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
warmon6,

Respectfully, the confusion over how much time is adequate, is relative to which Prime95 torture test is being performed. With regard to Small FFT's, 97% thermal saturation is reached within 7 to 8 minutes, so a 10 minute test is adequate. Prime95 Small FFT's test durations which extend beyond this time interval might yield at most an additional 1c. However, Blend, which is cyclic, and therefore innapropriate for processor thermal testing, will not reach peak temperatures until approximately 22 minutes. Large FFT's is much less cyclic, but also does not produce the steady-state temperatures of Small FFT's.

I should know, because as you may not be aware, I wrote the Core i7 and Core 2 Temperature Guide, which is a Sticky at the top of the Overclocking Forum (over half a million reads) in which I have invested over 2,000 hours of ongoing research, testing, composition, editing and updates over the past 32 months. I also collaborate with the authors of Real Temp, Core Temp and SpeedFan. I've made it my mission here at Tom's to help others understand Intel's confusing mess, and I take my commitment seriously.

As such, I am not accustomed to providing false or misleading information. I have extensively tested 27 variants of 65 nanometer and 45 nanometer Core i7 and Core 2 processors, and I assure you that I've thoroughly analyzed the thermal signatures of every test. The information I have posted is accurate, and has been verified numerous times. This is why I can't over-emphasize enough the importance of being specific when discussing temperatures. It's all about specifications, so if we're not specific, then the topic makes about as much sense as apples and oranges thermal fruit salad in a blender, especially to those just starting out, who may not have a clue.

All I ask is that Forum members make an effort to be specific, so that our readers, especially those who are less informed, will have a clear understanding of exactly what is being discussed, so they can be spared as much confusion as possible, in a topic which is already over-complicated, thanks to Intel. As I've said countless times, we can use all the help we can get to keep this topic clear of misconceptions, and in perspective. I'm sure you can appreciate my concerns.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
What did I just finish saying in my previous post? Prime what? Type a few more characters to acknowledge that you have in fact run the correct test. Turn on the Core temperatures in SpeedFan by using the "Configure" button, repeat the test. post a new screenshot and list the following:

Ambient temperature?

Clock frequency?

Computer Case?

CPU cooler?

Motherboard?

Vcore Setting?

Case covers removed?

All fans at 100% RPM?

nutz

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I ran Prime95 with small FFT for 10 min
it is the picture i just posted

Ambient temperature?
?

Clock frequency?
At stock 2.83ghz

Computer Case?
It's a Microcenter Computer so uh.....

CPU cooler?
original cooler that came with the q9550

Motherboard?
DG31PR

Vcore Setting?
...Speedfan says it is 1.15v

Case covers removed?
nope

All fans at 100% RPM?
I have no idea

CompuTronix

Intel Master
nutz,

Considering the information I've already provided in this thread, your response is somewhat less than comprehensive. The topic of temperatures is complicated, and involves a considerable learning curve, but after reviewing your threads and posts here at Tom's, you appear to be more interested in using the Forums for answers.

I'm here to help those who are more interested in learning and understanding, through which answers are found, so I can't help you. My best advice is to replace Intel's stock cooler with a good after market cooler, keep the Vcore under 1.35 and the Core temperatures under 75c, and use Core Temp instead of SpeedFan.

Enjoy your rig,

Sorry about that. Didn't know about that guide. Im not an overclocker so im not normally looking on that section on the forums.

Nice guide. Need a copy on this section of the forms. :)