Sign in with
Your question

Is this related to overclocking my GPU?

Last response: in Overclocking
June 1, 2011 5:15:15 PM

I overclocked my 460 HAWK (not by a lot), and tested in in 3dmark 11 with no crashes and i didnt notice any artifacts. But when i play assassins creed i get wierd glitches. Its hard to explain so i took some screenshots:

It isnt very noticable in the screenshots but during gameplay you can see it very well.

I know having the GPU Memory Clock overclocked too much can cause artifacts but these dont look like artifacts to me.

Anyone care to explain?

Thanks!
a b K Overclocking
June 1, 2011 5:28:24 PM

Looks like its a shading issue.....
June 1, 2011 5:34:58 PM

lowjack989 said:
Looks like its a shading issue.....

Explain more please, i had a really hard time finding info on this on google.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
June 1, 2011 5:55:14 PM

IMO...it appears as though its not rendering the shading proper on that layer...It could be a BUG in the game itself...or your OC is to high...Its more than likely artifacting due to the OC...
June 1, 2011 6:07:33 PM

lowjack989 said:
IMO...it appears as though its not rendering the shading proper on that layer...It could be a BUG in the game itself...or your OC is to high...Its more than likely artifacting due to the OC...

Arent artifacts when the graphics get stretched into triangles?
a b K Overclocking
June 1, 2011 7:44:31 PM

Artifacting---To put it simply it is when lines, circles, textures, etc. appear on the screen. This is usually caused by too high temps or setting clock speeds to high.
June 2, 2011 3:56:47 PM

lowjack989 said:
Artifacting---To put it simply it is when lines, circles, textures, etc. appear on the screen. This is usually caused by too high temps or setting clock speeds to high.

So you think what i have are artifacts? My card isnt too hot and the oc is mediocre at best. I tried downclocking it a bit and it still does the same thing! Also, i dont know if its related, but sometimes the nvidia driver crashes and then starts again.
a b K Overclocking
June 2, 2011 4:13:13 PM

Since you put it that way...I would reinstall nvidia drivers...It could also be a bug in the game itself.
June 2, 2011 4:35:14 PM

lowjack989 said:
Since you put it that way...I would reinstall nvidia drivers...It could also be a bug in the game itself.

I tought that too... i mean it would show in 3dmark aswell if my card was doing artifacts right?
a b K Overclocking
June 2, 2011 4:51:48 PM

Yes it would show artifacts everytime the GPU had a load on it
June 6, 2011 5:15:41 PM

lowjack989 said:
Yes it would show artifacts everytime the GPU had a load on it

I guess so, must be a game bug then.
a b K Overclocking
June 6, 2011 5:24:32 PM

Yeah games these days have to be de-bugged so damn much...Like Fallout New Vegas...geez that should have been beta version since the bugs it has so many bugs in it it needs an exterminator, lol
June 11, 2011 10:02:41 AM

lowjack989 said:
Yeah games these days have to be de-bugged so damn much...Like Fallout New Vegas...geez that should have been beta version since the bugs it has so many bugs in it it needs an exterminator, lol

Its all good thou, lots of good games coming out soon.

Diablo 3 + Skyrim = goodbye social life hehehehhehe.
!