G

My setup is:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
Mobo: Gigabyte G31M-S2 Revison 1
Memory: 2 x 1 GB DDR2 800Mhz
GFX: Leadtek Geforce 9600GT S-Fanpipe edition 512MB
PSU: Gigabyte 460W
HDD: 320GB Sata2

I have never overclocked any pc, so please help me.

I have seen on Leadtek's site that there is a Geforce 9600GT Extreme S-Fanpipe Edition which is the same card as mine but it has higher clocks rates. Can mine be clocked to the same specs?

I would like to increase my system performance, but still have a stable system.

Thanks

Welcome, Newcomer. Overclocking your system will take time and patience. First, grab a notepad to take notes on the results/observations after each step. You must also understand that the following steps are just general procedures, and that there is no guarantee that you'll be able to accomplish all. The reason being is that there are several different mobo manufacturers, each using several different BIOS manufacturers, thus, you BIOS may label settings differently than explained, or in some unfortunate instances, you may not be able to adjust certain areas. Finally, before beginning any overclocking, ensure that you have an adequate CPU cooler (don't OC with the OEM/stock cooler). If you need to purchase one, check out www.newegg.com or www.frozencpu.com

Step 1: In the BIOS, disable the power saving features (C1E, Speedstep, etc.)

Step 2: Manually configure your DRAM settings by adjusting the settings so that they match what is shown on the stickers on your RAM.

Step 3: Raise your FSB frequency by 5 MHz. Save and Exit. Repeat step 3 until your display fails to show anything upon reboot. When this happens, the system should reboot again and either load failsafe defaults, or provide you with the option to enter the BIOS by pressing the corresponding key.

Step 4: Lower your DRAM frequency by one step (I.E. 800 MHz down to 667 MHz), and then save and exit. If you can load Windows, continue to raise the FSB by 5, until the display fails again. If you cannot load Windows, increase the voltage of your RAM by .1 until either your display returns, or you reach 2.1V.

If you can get to step 4 w/o difficulties, I'll help you OC further.

As for your GPU OC question, yes, you can OC the GPU, but this may require additional cooling, meaning aftermarket GPU fan.

TRENDING THREADS