Silent Water Cooling for i7 - 2600k and GPU's

fea5t

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
Basically, I work in audio and I need my computer to be as silent as possible. It's processor also needs to rape.

I'm thinking get a monster cooling system - and then under-volt the fans instead of over-clocking the processor to make the machine as silent as possible.

The goal here is to get the most processing power for the noise.

I also want something that will cool the GPU's as well - because even low end gpu's make a lot of noise in my experience - and I am looking for a pair of GPU's in the 150-200$ price range for each.

I am really stumbling around in the dark here so if anyone knows anything about silent cooling and hot processors then please please help me!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If you are looking at a CPU + dual GPU loop, you are going to want to over rad to get silence or lower noise with lower speed fans. I guess it depends a lot on where you plan on putting all these radiators and then deciding which route to go. For that much cooling at very low noise levels...the Nova 1080 is overkill, but you could get away with lower speed fans...or even only using a few fans at all.

fea5t

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
The fans would then be outside of the machine....so wouldn't that still be louder?

Does anyone know approximately what it would cost to either:

A: Get a respectable liquid cooling setup for the whole machine?

or

B: Get high quality silent fans for the entire machine?

Right now I am looking at the thermalright silver arrow for the cpu, aftermarket gpu's with better fans, and zalman/noctua case fans with a high quality fan control.

Would that be quieter than external fans on a radiator?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If you go with external radiator fans that are > 1500rpm you would be fine...if you had a fan controller, you could dial them down further. As for the case, not sure what fans came with it...which is the biggest question. If you replace your case fans with some higher CFM fans (with concern for noise level) you could improve your current airflow. Regardless the route you go, you will need fans...and if you go watercooling, you'll need MORE fans for the rads in addition to the current case fans, so choosing low RPM fans are your best bet.