Coolmaster Real Power PSU

Honour3

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
2 questions.

A) AFAIK no PSU should ever have a missing pin on any cable.. In this case my Coolmaster Real Power PSU has one pin missing in the big cable which attatches to the MB (which has had serious serious heat issues) Is this MEANT to be like that?

B) In the Antec 1200 the PSU is on the bottom with the fan on the belly of the PSU facing up. Can it be changed to blow into the case or turned off? If it sucks it will just hurt my positive air pressure & suck pure cold air back out as it's at the bottom. And if it CAN blow, as I'm unsure of PSU's heat generation.. will it blow cold air into the case? or quite warm?
Can it be turned off then? Would that overheat the PSU?

A) Many PSU's have a missing pin.
-5 volt had been optional for years and is no longer part of the ATX spec.

B) If you could change the fan to "blow" you would be dumping warm air into the case.

Honour3

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Thnx mate. the case would JUST about have possitive pressure (which I favour) but with the PSU fan sucking air out the bottom too (warm air rises) it'd become negative. Seen as though this case has almost no venting except the fans - this is BAAAD right?

Think of it this way - The bottom mounted power supply in a tower case is near the video card. The video card is in a horizontal position and actually may prevent some hot air from rising to the top of the case. The intake fan on the power supply can help remove the hot air generated by the video card.

BTW - Hot air only rises when the air is calm as in a passive cooling system. It is a different matter when high volume fans create a wind tunnel effect.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008

What to do with this thread?

Honour3

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Sorted! Thanks then guys :D

Will install it sucking air from bottom of case. Cannot hurt and will clean up that quite isolated area under the GPU.