CMOS after blackout

techton

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Hi:

I need some help please. After a blackout, I am not able to get my computer running. It just says "CMOS checksum error- Defaults loaded. Warning! CPU has been changed. Please re- enter CPU settings in the CMOS." I go to the BIOS config and it asks me to choose boot device, at which point I select Hard Drive as opposed to CD, of course. Then another menu tells me to select my HD (there is only one option, really). Then all these .sys files start loading, after which the windows loader screen appears. Then It just takes me back to the Biostar (MoBo) screen and asks me to select the configuration that I want. You know, Fail Safe, etc. and then it all happens over again.
I replaced the battery, did not work, and looked for the jumper to reset CMOS, but could not, for the love of me, find it anywhere . I misplaced my manual some time ago and am not able to download it from the net (i´ve found some, but they have the .exe extension, which I dont want to open for fear that It´ll do something to the computer I´m on. Please help!!!!

techton

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009

TRENDING THREADS