Can't give birth!

Last response: in Video Games
May 26, 2005 6:04:31 AM

Okay, this is getting out of hand. First it was just the one household with
the husband and the alien baby that crashed my game every time he tried to
give birth. Now it's happening with all my families! Nobody can give birth
anymore. They start labor, I get the message about the new family member(s)
on the way and then it crashes.

I've tried moving them out, bulldozing lots, rebuilding. And it still
happens.

Can somebody please help me track down the problem?

Jeanie

More about : give birth

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 6:04:32 AM

Use Sims2hackscan and see what hacks you have. I think maybe something is
interfering with your birth thing.

news:p 8ale.6859$g66.216@attbi_s71...
> Okay, this is getting out of hand. First it was just the one household
> with
> the husband and the alien baby that crashed my game every time he tried to
> give birth. Now it's happening with all my families! Nobody can give
> birth
> anymore. They start labor, I get the message about the new family
> member(s)
> on the way and then it crashes.
>
> I've tried moving them out, bulldozing lots, rebuilding. And it still
> happens.
>
> Can somebody please help me track down the problem?
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 6:21:03 AM

Jeanie wrote:
> Okay, this is getting out of hand. First it was just the one household with
> the husband and the alien baby that crashed my game every time he tried to
> give birth. Now it's happening with all my families! Nobody can give birth
> anymore. They start labor, I get the message about the new family member(s)
> on the way and then it crashes.
>
> I've tried moving them out, bulldozing lots, rebuilding. And it still
> happens.
>
> Can somebody please help me track down the problem?
>
> Jeanie

Just a wild guess, but have you tried temporarily removing your
downloads folder in case you have somehow acquired a hack that is
messing up your game?

Good luck with this.

--
Donna
May 26, 2005 6:27:17 AM

TVTrukChik wrote:
> Jeanie wrote:
>
>> Okay, this is getting out of hand. First it was just the one
>> household with
>> the husband and the alien baby that crashed my game every time he
>> tried to
>> give birth. Now it's happening with all my families! Nobody can give
>> birth
>> anymore. They start labor, I get the message about the new family
>> member(s)
>> on the way and then it crashes.
>>
>> I've tried moving them out, bulldozing lots, rebuilding. And it still
>> happens.
>>
>> Can somebody please help me track down the problem?
>>
>> Jeanie
>>

> Just a wild guess, but have you tried temporarily removing your
> downloads folder in case you have somehow acquired a hack that is
> messing up your game?

I second that excellent suggestion, and if that doesn't work, much of a
pain as it is, uninstall, defrag drive, do a virus check, yada yada,
then reinstall.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Blvegenie2 wrote:
> Use Sims2hackscan and see what hacks yov have. I think maybe
> something is interfering with yovr birth thing.

Okay, thank heavens MTS2 is back vp and rvnning. I searched the forvms and
fovnd this thread.

http://forvms.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=46097

It talks abovt the problem of trying to vse one cvstom skintone and one
Maxis original skintone, which is not the case in my game cvrrently. All
these sims are in a cvstom neighborhood and all have cvstom skintones (the
ones that don't look like Barbie dolls).

Anyway, somewhere in this thread it mentions that every time yovr game
crashes, it creates a text file in "Logs" that explains why. (Never knew
that before.) I went and looked at the last several "Sims2 Exception" logs
and saw that they all listed "ACCESS_VIOLATION" for the exception code.

Other places in this thread it mentions that perhaps my video card is
getting too hot since a lot of stvff is happening while a birth is taking
place. Is that an access violation?

I had downloaded three hacks shortly before this happened. The Stvdents
Move Away From The Portal hack, no revnion memories hack, and increased odds
for Abdvctions (which I downloaded AFTER my sim gvy had experienced a
natvral abdvction BTW, bvt before his birth). I removed all of them from
the game and tried again. It still crashed.

Then I fovnd this:

http://www.variovsimmers.net/vsimforvm/showthread.php?t...

J.M. Pescado has created something called the "bad birth fix" for when yovr
naming never appears. It doesn't say anything abovt preventing a crash, bvt
I'm going to try it ovt and see how it goes.

I will report back tomorrow!

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:57:01 AM

Jeanie wrote:
> Blvegenie2 wrote:
>> Use Sims2hackscan and see what hacks yov have. I think maybe
>> something is interfering with yovr birth thing.
>>
> Okay, thank heavens MTS2 is back vp and rvnning. I searched the
> forvms and fovnd this thread.
>
> http://forvms.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=46097
>
> It talks abovt the problem of trying to vse one cvstom skintone and
> one Maxis original skintone, which is not the case in my game
> cvrrently. All these sims are in a cvstom neighborhood and all have
> cvstom skintones (the ones that don't look like Barbie dolls).
>
> Anyway, somewhere in this thread it mentions that every time yovr game
> crashes, it creates a text file in "Logs" that explains why. (Never
> knew that before.) I went and looked at the last several "Sims2
> Exception" logs and saw that they all listed "ACCESS_VIOLATION" for
> the exception code.
>
> Other places in this thread it mentions that perhaps my video card is
> getting too hot since a lot of stvff is happening while a birth is
> taking place. Is that an access violation?
>
> I had downloaded three hacks shortly before this happened. The
> Stvdents Move Away From The Portal hack, no revnion memories hack,
> and increased odds for Abdvctions (which I downloaded AFTER my sim
> gvy had experienced a natvral abdvction BTW, bvt before his birth).
> I removed all of them from the game and tried again. It still
> crashed.
>
> Then I fovnd this:
>
> http://www.variovsimmers.net/vsimforvm/showthread.php?t...
>
> J.M. Pescado has created something called the "bad birth fix" for
> when yovr naming never appears. It doesn't say anything abovt
> preventing a crash, bvt I'm going to try it ovt and see how it goes.
>
> I will report back tomorrow!
>
> Jeanie

Ok, this is driving me crazy.....

The bad birth fix didn't work. Game crashed.

I then removed my entire downloads folder and pvt it on the desktop,
rebooted and tried it again. Crashed in the same exact spot.

I know it isn't a cvstom skin problem becavse one of the covples involved
has already had one set of twins with no problems whatsoever. I vsed no
hacks to cavse this pregnancy or to speed it vp.

I'm totally stvmped. I'm sending an email now to Maxis and hope they answer
me with a solvtion.

Jeanie
May 26, 2005 1:59:07 PM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:06:20 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>Use Sims2hackscan and see what hacks you have. I think maybe something is
>interfering with your birth thing.

Excuse me, but what is Sims2hackscan?
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 1:59:08 PM

"Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:06:20 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>>Use Sims2hackscan and see what hacks you have. I think maybe something is
>>interfering with your birth thing.
>
> Excuse me, but what is Sims2hackscan?

A program to scan your downloads to find hacks.
http://www.djssims.com/sims2prog.php
May 26, 2005 3:00:51 PM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 04:33:56 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>"Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:06:20 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Use Sims2hackscan and see what hacks you have. I think maybe something is
>>>interfering with your birth thing.
>>
>> Excuse me, but what is Sims2hackscan?
>
>A program to scan your downloads to find hacks.
>http://www.djssims.com/sims2prog.php

Thanks, I'll have to try it.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 6:39:22 PM

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> Use Sims2hackscan and see what hacks you have. I think maybe
> something is interfering with your birth thing.

You know, I downloaded that program and installed it, but it isn't doing
anything. It creates a list but I can't see all of it and the up and down
scroll buttons don't work. Won't let me scroll through.

I know what hacks I have and that's not the problem anyway because I even
took out the entire downloads folder and tried it again last night. It
still crashes and terminates when the birth starts.

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 6:43:46 PM

<snipped a sad tale of woe>
> I'm totally stumped. I'm sending an email now to Maxis and hope they
> answer me with a solution.
>
> Jeanie

Ok, I had a prompt answer from Vincent A. at EA Games in my email this
morning. I sent them the DXDiag for my computer, plus the text file of the
crash log, along with a detailed description of the problem and what I've
done to try to fix it.

He suggested I close all background processes and download the latest Sound
Blaster driver. I did both, installed, rebooted, and tried again.

No go. The game still crashes when the birth starts.

So, I have emailed them again and will see what they have to say. I'll bet
anything I have to uninstall and reinstall everything again. I hesitate to
do that because something tells me it isn't going to help. There's a
conflict somewhere and it must have materialized out of nowhere because I
haven't changed any settings or installed any programs that might have done
it since the last time I played and had successful births.

Jeanie
May 26, 2005 9:57:21 PM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 14:39:22 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>Bluegenie2 wrote:
>> Use Sims2hackscan and see what hacks you have. I think maybe
>> something is interfering with your birth thing.
>>
>You know, I downloaded that program and installed it, but it isn't doing
>anything. It creates a list but I can't see all of it and the up and down

So did I, but it only detects two hacks, I have more than that.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:42:36 AM

Go to Variousimmers and download the bad birth fix - it is designed to fix
hiccups caused to births when the neighbourhood is 'full' ie you have a lot
of Sims and past Sims.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

news:p 8ale.6859$g66.216@attbi_s71...
> Okay, this is getting out of hand. First it was just the one household
with
> the husband and the alien baby that crashed my game every time he tried to
> give birth. Now it's happening with all my families! Nobody can give
birth
> anymore. They start labor, I get the message about the new family
member(s)
> on the way and then it crashes.
>
> I've tried moving them out, bulldozing lots, rebuilding. And it still
> happens.
>
> Can somebody please help me track down the problem?
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:46:02 AM

Damn! I'm sorry yov're having all this trovble. Maybe Maxis will help yov.
Another thovght is to send the error log to Pescado in his qvestions forvm
or see if someone can help yov at MTS2. Those gvys are faster at replying
than Maxis and Pescado seems to have made it his life's work to find and fix
Maxis bvgs, at least that's how it seems to me sometimes.

--
Moritvri Nolvmvs Mori

MM

> Jeanie wrote:
> > Blvegenie2 wrote:
> >> Use Sims2hackscan and see what hacks yov have. I think maybe
> >> something is interfering with yovr birth thing.
> >>
> > Okay, thank heavens MTS2 is back vp and rvnning. I searched the
> > forvms and fovnd this thread.
> >
> > http://forvms.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=46097
> >
> > It talks abovt the problem of trying to vse one cvstom skintone and
> > one Maxis original skintone, which is not the case in my game
> > cvrrently. All these sims are in a cvstom neighborhood and all have
> > cvstom skintones (the ones that don't look like Barbie dolls).
> >
> > Anyway, somewhere in this thread it mentions that every time yovr game
> > crashes, it creates a text file in "Logs" that explains why. (Never
> > knew that before.) I went and looked at the last several "Sims2
> > Exception" logs and saw that they all listed "ACCESS_VIOLATION" for
> > the exception code.
> >
> > Other places in this thread it mentions that perhaps my video card is
> > getting too hot since a lot of stvff is happening while a birth is
> > taking place. Is that an access violation?
> >
> > I had downloaded three hacks shortly before this happened. The
> > Stvdents Move Away From The Portal hack, no revnion memories hack,
> > and increased odds for Abdvctions (which I downloaded AFTER my sim
> > gvy had experienced a natvral abdvction BTW, bvt before his birth).
> > I removed all of them from the game and tried again. It still
> > crashed.
> >
> > Then I fovnd this:
> >
> > http://www.variovsimmers.net/vsimforvm/showthread.php?t...
> >
> > J.M. Pescado has created something called the "bad birth fix" for
> > when yovr naming never appears. It doesn't say anything abovt
> > preventing a crash, bvt I'm going to try it ovt and see how it goes.
> >
> > I will report back tomorrow!
> >
> > Jeanie
>
> Ok, this is driving me crazy.....
>
> The bad birth fix didn't work. Game crashed.
>
> I then removed my entire downloads folder and pvt it on the desktop,
> rebooted and tried it again. Crashed in the same exact spot.
>
> I know it isn't a cvstom skin problem becavse one of the covples involved
> has already had one set of twins with no problems whatsoever. I vsed no
> hacks to cavse this pregnancy or to speed it vp.
>
> I'm totally stvmped. I'm sending an email now to Maxis and hope they
answer
> me with a solvtion.
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 6:54:31 AM

<snip again>

> The Sims2Exception log still says ACCESS_VIOLATION is the cause of the
> crash, but I have no idea what it means.
>
> Jeanie

and is it possible that the file was write protected while the game
trying to write something onto it??

I mean if this was the case...at least it's better than hardware
faults. :p

Cheers
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 9:04:50 AM

I posted your last post to Variousimmers and got a reply. I don't know if
it's pertinent, but I've included his answer below.

Hello Madame Mim,

twojeffs has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled -
Constant crashing at birth in a custom neighbourhood - in the The Podium
forum of Variousimmers Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
There is a known problem with births using custom skins that do not have a
valid baby skin defined. Have other Sims that have these same skins had
babies without problems? I don't remember what to do to fix it, but if you
search around on MTS2, you should find the answer.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 8:28:40 PM

Madame Mim wrote:
> I posted your last post to Variousimmers and got a reply. I don't
> know if it's pertinent, but I've included his answer below.
>
> Hello Madame Mim,
>
> twojeffs has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled
> - Constant crashing at birth in a custom neighbourhood - in the The
> Podium forum of Variousimmers Forum.
>
> This thread is located at:
> http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...
>
> Here is the message that has just been posted:
> There is a known problem with births using custom skins that do not
> have a valid baby skin defined. Have other Sims that have these same
> skins had babies without problems? I don't remember what to do to fix
> it, but if you search around on MTS2, you should find the answer.

Thanks Madame Mim, for posting that for me. I'm there now, going through
the thread.

Jeanie
!