186.24 dx11

boomersooner83

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
For whoever might be interested these new drivers are surprisingly awesome, and thats not something i would normally say. They report dx11 in dxdiag and nv control panel. Windows performance score went from 6.4 to 6.6 and 3dmark vantage went up like 250+ points...whether that has anything to do with them reporting dx11 I dont know, but I uninstalled and reinstalled and benchmarked just to check. That much difference. http://www.xfastest.com/viewthread.php?tid=26094&extra=page%3D1

boomersooner83

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009

Thats the impression I was under also, but I can assure you that if i install 816.18 and look in nvidia control panel it says dx10 not 11. Im not stupid, im aware the dx # shouldnt matter, thats why I have wasted the majority of this afternoon switching the drivers back and forth and testing trying to find out what the difference was. Yeah, I have to much free time I know haha. I just happened to stumble across the dx11 part when I was looking for a difference, trust me that isnt something i check when i download a driver. Anyways, regardless there is dramatic improvement.