Antec P183 Case and COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700 Good Fit???

Nuke1096

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
About to pull the trigger on a new PC and trying to decide on which Case and Power Supply Combo to get. I'm planning on getting the Antec P183 case for sure, and I would like to go with the Cool Master Silent Pro 700 PS. But I have a cause for concern.

If you notice the Antec Case, the Power Supply Area is in the bottom of the case, as opposed to the top.

Antec P183

Cool Master

Where as the Cool Master Pro looks to have an intake fan on the bottom, which means the fan would be like an inch off the bottom of the case inside an Antec 183. How concerned should I be about that? How much would that effect cooling?

cpom1

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009

I personally have the Antec 183 and could not be happier. system runs extremely cool. I know Cool Master makes some great cases so if anyone else has any feedback towards the particular model your asking for you can compare with them. What are you going to be running? (the specs)

I have the Antex P182 which is very similar. The clearance above and below the PSU cage is about the same, and you should also be able to mount the PSU upside down if you prefer.

After reading this review at Silent PC Review, I used duct tape to block the rear vents around the power supply opening and removed the fan from the lower chamber. The lets the PSU fan draw air through the chamber front-to-back and cool the hard drives mounted at the front. I've found this to be very effective - my Enermax Pro 82+ PSU with it's variable speed fan is very quiet, and even when the fan is running at low speed it keeps my three HDDs from getting any warmer than about 40C.