GeForce question

SaintX25

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Im using a GeForce GTX 260 core 216 on an EVGA 780i mb. My computer should be able to handle pretty much anything as it goes. When I run Far Cry 2 on it's highest settings (ultra high) it looks great and runs smoothly. However my gpu temp has reached as high as 68c (154 fahrenheit) which, from what I hear, is not a big deal as far as temp is concerned. My cpu temp stays around 90 fahrenheit, if not lower, which is also fine. Im using a CoolerMaster hyper tx3 along with 3 other case fans including the intake placed at the bottom front of the tower. As for air flow its perfectly fine. Though as soon as my gpu temp reaches the high 50's in celcius (50c being 122f) my graphics start to crap out on me. The graphics ingame flicker, or whenever I run WoW the graphics scramble and look horrible like someone punched my monitor or something. Finally as soon as it reaches the 60s my system crashes completely and I get blue screened. Im not 100% sure that the blue screening is completely caused by the temp of my gpu but it only happens when it gets that high. Ive tried lowering the voltage to my gpu from 1.2 to 1 and it actually made a bit of a difference as opposed to the temp. I could run Far Cry 2 on regular high settings and keep the temp in the high 40c range. However lately its been fighting to go back up. I just cant figure out why my graphics crap out and I crash all together.

Any input?

Thanks

OK. Your psu is powerful enough, so thats taken out of the way. Heat doesnt appear to be an issue, as those temps are fine.
Youre not going to like what I think....when yout temps climb, even within normal operating temps, you should have no problems, unless theres a possible failure somewheres. Im betting its your gddr. If its going bad, temps will kill it, the hotter, the sooner, the worse, the lower temps it can handle.
If you know of anyone who can use your card in their rig, try it out, see if it does the same in theirs. Are you still under warantee?