Can someone just check to see if I have a problem with my RAM. Thanks

I'm not sure if I have a problem with my RAM compatability. I started with 2Gig, 2 x Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4DHX . I later wanted to add 2 more gig and as the RAM I already had was out of strock at the time i picked up some Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4. All the same number appart from the DHX which I thought only refered to the heat sinks that come on the chips.

Problem is there seem to be some differences looking at all 4 slots with CPU-Z. Now i'm not sure if this is a problem.

Motherboard is a ASUS P5E - x38 chipset. CPU - Q6600 not overclocked.

If anyone can quickly scan over the info and tell me if I have a problem will be great.
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about check problem thanks
  1. Run them at the JEDEC #2 specs and you shouldn't have problems. You might need to increase voltage to 1.9V when running 4 modules. Run memtest86+ for several hours to make sure that there are no errors.
  2. Ghislain is correct that will work, good news is corsair rated those dhx at 4-4-4-12 and 2.1v which is the same as the C4 set you have. Voltage is a match as well so you can use the faster timings but since the dhx doesn't have the profile stored you will have to type it in.
  3. Thanks for the replys.
    When i was running just the DHXs I had them a 4-4-4-12 and 1.8v but when I added the two extra chips I just set things back to normal and thought nothing of it.
    I've now got them set to 4-4-4-12 and 1.9v and everything seems to be running ok. Will run memtest86+ just to be sure.
    Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Corsair