Createing a real deal wooden computer case

blakdart

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I'm 18 and graduating in 2010. I been in wood-shop since freshmen and i have built many award wining projects. Last year I've built an amazing contemporary tv stand.......sadly I wont be able to post pics of it this weekend. Yet I have photos of an desk I made out of SOLID cherry and curly maple.........I have photos here of it. ...

This desk won 6th in michigan state wood works competition....Michigan used to be one of the top furniture producing states in america years ago, b4 china and those slave ships ..a few miles of shore...........iinternational...watt....(any ways thats another story for another day :pt1cable: )

The point is,in michigan, as an high school student...........It is simply frackin tough to get far in state....(you have to win second to first place to even get the chance to go to state,where the top students in all county's of michigan and Indiana compete..........

I got 6th out out of 20 in medium sized computer desks,for sophomore level division (4 levels like school grade levels)

101_0027.jpg

complete with all the parts assembled...the top need to be repositioned........

the diffrent parts

101_0017.jpg

101_0018.jpg

101_0019.jpg

101_0021.jpg

----------Ok now that you know im the real deal...and not some out of the mind wood worker................

(ps...in my school's shop we have real tools, including these baby's which wana keep on coming towards you when you cut wood http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radial_arm_saw ...(most schools stopped using them entirely :lol: )

-----------------------------------Ok lets get disusing some questions people!-----------------------

ok since this is my first custom case i will need some pointers.....

question 1

I asked my teacher about the extreme temps related to computers, and he state that "you gota start watching out for temps above 200 F ,due to that your fine wood would soon start Turing into fine charcoal.."

I have sorta decided on an combination of air cooling and plenty of liquid cooling.
at the moment I am wondering

Could I Link 2 reservoirs and pumps together? in an method like this?

WATTERCOOL1.jpg