Sign in with
Your question

A8N-SLI DELUXE Motherboard Bios Issues

Last response: in Motherboards
December 9, 2009 9:17:28 PM

Read online in a few places that the bio's need to get updated on this board, and im having trouble doing it. Anyone have any tips/help on how to flash the Bios? Really lost on this, and i want this dual core PC i picked up for cheap to actually utilize the second core(bios issue).

Please gimme a hand if anyone has any idea at all.
December 9, 2009 10:07:05 PM

the simplest way to flash bios is to go to Asus support page and navigate your way through the general downloads pulldowns, to the A8N-SLI Deluxe tools page. select your OS and then from the choices you see select "utilities". a list will open showing you what is/was available from the support disc if you had the board from new in box. then scroll down untill you find Asus update 6.01.01. once you have saved it you can install. now you can either run the tool and allow it to search for the newer bios versions ... or ... you can scroll to the top of the support page that you got the tool from and select "bios" , there you will find all the bios files that are available for your motherboard. at this point you should pause and run the tool to determine your bios version that is running and then see if that bios already supports X2 processors. if your current bios does not support your new processor then you can download any of the bios files that you think might help and save to desktop (don't unpack untill your ready to flash). if current bios supports new processor I would advise just trying the swap and see if board will run. if your board will not post with new processor then revert to old processor and then flash newest bios that supports the X2 processor. it is really NOT difficult to do all this , but can seem intimidating, if so then get some physical helper to walk you through it or do it for you . remmember that after flashing bios you will probably need to check your settings in bios and adjust if necessary .... also the computer can not be interupted during the process.

hope that helps you somewhat.
December 10, 2009 1:38:40 AM

Wow thanks, worked perfectly. Appreciated!
!