seller417

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
i have my OS on a 64gb SSD on a 2 week old build (my 1st build). the OS has been very glitchy lately. i reinstalled the OS twice now and have bought registry booster. nothing seems to help.

what its doing is sometimes i will run laggy on a game...very laggy and it is only on that game (ultima online- it's not cpu intensive game at all). i will watch my ping steadily grow from 60 to the 300's in a matter of seconds.

sometime i will get the blue screen. it will flash right before the comp unexpectedly shuts off.

i have tried to reinstall windows again and now it says the file is corrupt and wont let me continue.

this is very frustrating, any help would be appreciated.

i am not sure how to wipe a ssd, so if you think that is the way to go please explain how i do it.

thanks

tecmo34

Administrator
What is your make & model of the SSD? Most manufacturers have their own wiping tool within their SSD Toolbox. You just install the program on another PC, connect the SSD, as a secondary drive and do the secure erase.

There are other tools like HDDErase but they are a little more difficult to utilize, if you don't know what you are doing.

Have you checked your heat situation or verified no conflicts in Device Manager? Are all the drivers updated for the motherboard and all patches installed for the game? The issue can be related to other things than just the SSD.