Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this CPU cooler fit with this motherboard and case?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
June 4, 2011 5:42:32 PM
June 4, 2011 6:18:01 PM

And is there any cheaper CPU coolers that you guys would reccomend processor is getting too hot at 100% load it's 62C
m
0
l
June 4, 2011 6:18:13 PM

AMD phenom 925
m
0
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
June 4, 2011 6:22:39 PM

Well the Thermaltake Frio is 6.5 inches in height and the Rosewell case is 7.90 inches in width so yes it should fit but it looks like you can install a fan on the side of the case so if you wanna put the fan on the sidepanel then no it won't fit...But it will fit without the side fan...Do you already have that case because it shows it's discontinued in newegg?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
June 4, 2011 6:26:25 PM

Also at 100% full load 62c is fine...Are you running prime 95? If not what are you using to make your cpu at 100% full load? When im gaming and surfing the web im not even at 100%..Are you talking about just in normal load in general or prime 95 temps? If those are prime 95 temps then those are fine...

Also the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus is the best heatsink for it's price..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
June 4, 2011 6:49:12 PM

Bigmac80 said:
Well the Thermaltake Frio is 6.5 inches in height and the Rosewell case is 7.90 inches in width so yes it should fit but it looks like you can install a fan on the side of the case so if you wanna put the fan on the sidepanel then no it won't fit...But it will fit without the side fan...Do you already have that case because it shows it's discontinued in newegg?

Yes i already have that Case, so would that CPU heatsink block my ram slots?
m
0
l
June 4, 2011 6:54:09 PM

Bigmac80 said:
Also at 100% full load 62c is fine...Are you running prime 95? If not what are you using to make your cpu at 100% full load? When im gaming and surfing the web im not even at 100%..Are you talking about just in normal load in general or prime 95 temps? If those are prime 95 temps then those are fine...

Also the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus is the best heatsink for it's price..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Prime 95 Temps
m
0
l
June 4, 2011 10:40:19 PM

Any other recommendations of CPU coolers oh and btw how would i make it so all my fans are connected to like 1 connector?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
June 5, 2011 3:31:12 AM

casey10 said:
Yes i already have that Case, so would that CPU heatsink block my ram slots?


it depends if you get high ram heatsinks...it should work fine with normal size ram...But you might wanna double check...Get the Cooler master hyper 212 plus heatsink its just as good at the frio for a cheaper price..
m
0
l
June 5, 2011 5:54:50 AM

I have G Skill Ripjaws so I should be fine to keep using stock HSF for a little while because i've been using almost all 4 gigs of my Ram
m
0
l
June 5, 2011 6:47:45 PM

Is the Arctic cooling Rev 2 92 MM Cpu heatsink a good heatsink?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
June 5, 2011 7:06:49 PM

casey10 said:
Is the Arctic cooling Rev 2 92 MM Cpu heatsink a good heatsink?


should be better then what you have now :) ...but 92mm will probably make your case loud...
m
0
l
June 5, 2011 7:56:54 PM

Bigmac80 said:
should be better then what you have now :) ...but 92mm will probably make your case loud...

Ok because I found it for 27.98 on newegg and it seemed like a good CPU heatsink also if i have g skill ripjaws 1600 does that mean i should get another set because if i go with a different brand it will be cheaper
m
0
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
June 5, 2011 8:07:09 PM

casey10 said:
Ok because I found it for 27.98 on newegg and it seemed like a good CPU heatsink also if i have g skill ripjaws 1600 does that mean i should get another set because if i go with a different brand it will be cheaper


how much ram are you using? the most i'd go honestly is 8gigs...you can get single sticks with 4gigs each so 2 sticks would be 8gigs...But 4gigs for now is more then enough imo...

Also here's a pretty decent heatsink for $25

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
June 5, 2011 8:15:59 PM

I was looking at that but, i didnt know if my case had enough clearance. And im running 4 GB right now 2x4 and i run 3 dark age of camelot accounts and almost use all of it when everything is said and done i have like 400-500 MB left.
m
0
l
June 5, 2011 8:20:16 PM

and can I make it so like all my fans are connected into 1 wire because my motherboard has 2 fan slots only a 3 pin/4 pin
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
June 5, 2011 8:40:00 PM

casey10 said:
and can I make it so like all my fans are connected into 1 wire because my motherboard has 2 fan slots only a 3 pin/4 pin


how many fans do you have total?

they sell fan splitters also you should be able to connect some of the fans into the power supply with a fan adapter...for your cpu you can get a cpu fan splitter that connects to 2 fans and connects to the cpu fan connector on the motherboard...

here's a example..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
June 5, 2011 8:43:58 PM

I have 3 fan's but can only currently use 2 my back exhaust fan and the CPU fan and i have one near the hard drive tray but I cant use it and i wanted to get a nother one for the xigmatek loki since it's so cheap which fan would you reccomend getting so i can have a push pull setup
m
0
l
June 5, 2011 9:05:39 PM

The cpu header is a 4 pin..
m
0
l
June 5, 2011 10:07:14 PM

Do I have to connect this one to the PSU though?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
June 5, 2011 11:24:08 PM

casey10 said:
Do I have to connect this one to the PSU though?


you can connect it to the motherboard or psu...
m
0
l
June 6, 2011 11:26:39 AM

Thank you for all the help bigmac
m
0
l
June 6, 2011 11:27:22 AM

Best answer selected by casey10.
m
0
l
!