Jul 7, 2009
Hello.

I just put together this system:
CPU: Phenom II X4 940
Mobo: Gigabyte M61PME-S2P
RAM: 2x2GB
HDD: 2x250GB SATA II (RAID stripped)
LCD: Acer AL1912 (only vga input)

What's the best bang for the buck video card i can use?

Here where i live things like those r extremely expensive so im looking for something actually cheap if possible.

Thanks for the help =)

+1 for the 4770 if you can get it...
Another equally good option - HD 4850...Its price has significantly come down and hovers around the same price of the 4770...

Actually HD4670 would also would be a very good option and can play most of the games @ that resolution though not @ max settings but should do fine...and it does not require separate power connectors too...

Is this for gaming? Not everyone who asks questions here is a gamer.
What power supply do you have?
What country are you in? Some US and UK sites will ship internationally which may save money and increase the choice of cards you can purchase.
Here is a useful list of cards showing their relative performance:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-geforce-graphics,review-31583-6.html

If you live somewhere that can get hot, (such as South Africa) check the card cooler, a lot dump their heat into the case which can cause issues in a hot climate, particularly in a compact case.

ikerhoek

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Ty for reply coozie.
Yeah some gaming like Last Chaos, Battlefield heroes and occasionally Far Cry unless i can get Crysis run xD
The supply is junk, so im guessing i should change it either way.
I live in mexico City, here can get hot but only spikes, its moderate heat at most (and vidcards like Zotac 9500GT are 100 dollars -.-)

Ty for ur help =)