Closed

Someone changed my laptop password windows xp

Hello,i'm staying in hostel,today evening i found tat someone changed my laptop pwd, and i can't login anymore.
no other user a/c available in my laptop.
is there any way to get ridoff from this problem..??
help appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about someone changed laptop password windows
  1. javidh47 said:
    Hello,i'm staying in hostel,today evening i found tat someone changed my laptop pwd, and i can't login anymore.
    no other user a/c available in my laptop.
    is there any way to get ridoff from this problem..??
    help appreciated.



    How did they get your password to be able to change it ? Sounds fishy ! :fou:
  2. ksiemb said:
    How did they get your password to be able to change it ? Sounds fishy ! :fou:


    If the user was already logged on or if there was no password, easy to do this.

    Need to log on as another user with admin rights, and change the password on your account. There should be a user called Administrator, many times the password is blank form the factory, can try that.
  3. hang-the-9 said:
    If the user was already logged on or if there was no password, easy to do this.

    Need to log on as another user with admin rights, and change the password on your account. There should be a user called Administrator, many times the password is blank form the factory, can try that.



    Of course, how obvious, he was already logged on, provided it is his computer to begin with. Guess I am just a bit suspicious about assisting people having to get back into their system, and this was certainly a new twist !
  4. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Laptops Login Windows XP