Sign in with
Your question

Sil3112a bios update for hp DK668A

Last response: in Storage
March 2, 2011 3:46:18 PM

Hello

I have a Silicon Image SIL3112A PCI card adapter for SATA drives installed in a HP DK668A tower with it's newest BIOS update. I'm running XP and loaded an older set of Silicon Image windows drivers during setup. The PCI adapter works fine with a 160 Gb drive. I have another 2 TB WD hard drive that when plugged into the adapter causes the computer to "hang" during boot.
I have tried loading the newest SI drivers during windows installation but they cause windows to constantly reboot during the installation process.
My question is: Is there a bios/firmware flash that needs to be updated in the PCI card itself that is causing a conflict with the new third party Windows drivers as well as the boot issue with the 2TB drive connected?

Thanks
February 13, 2012 12:40:43 PM

Hi Glen any luck with this? I have the same issue. Haven
m
l
February 13, 2012 1:26:44 PM

maxwellmac99 said:
Hi Glen any luck with this? I have the same issue. Haven

I did finally get it to work with Windows 7 ultimate SP1. If memory serves me right I had to install the newest 4.4.02 bios for the pci card chip, AMD am29f010b.
I also think windows asks for third party raid drivers during setup and the Silicon Image disk I made needed to be inserted at that time. The driver utility should show up in the W7 control panel after installation.
At any rate my memory is a little fuzzy since it's been a year or two but it did work. I initially had a 2TB and a 300GB drive connected but had some sort of problem with the OS on the 300GB crashing and eventually just disconnected it and used W7 installed on the 2TB drive.

Glenn
m
l
February 13, 2012 3:10:56 PM

Excellent thanks Glenn I'll give that a go.
m
l
!