AMD Processor Model Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouzopower

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Ok guys!!
Just finished with the new pc.
Phenom II X2 545, but when click on computer properties i get the message: AMD Processor Model Unknown.
Also it does not recognise ATI Radeon X 700.
By the way, many things on BIos!!!
Pls start shooting answers :hello:

Solution

DO NOT use EASYTune for Overclocking/System info. EasyTune is a mess.

Use:
CoreTemp (AMD/Intel)/RealTemp(Intel) for CPU
HWMonitor for Motherboard,GPU,etc temps

Download those and give us the temp reading with that.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Don't let it bother you as long as the system works.
Do you see 2 cores under task manager --> performance, if so, both cores are being put to work like they should.
Can you watch 3d animations (games), or high quality video, if so, the X700 works fine.

ouzopower

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
in "Device Manager" i can see two processors but no info about them...
about vga card i downloaded the drivers and it's ok. Thought that XP could install the drivers

runswindows95

Distinguished
I agree with Gulli. If the system works, don't worry about XP not recognizing the CPU. The video card may not have the correct drivers installed. Far that, just install the newest drivers. Far as RAM goes, it will never show up in device manager because there is no software for it. Far as checking it in Windows, right click on My Computer -->Properties. The thing I will stress is with XP, if you got 4GB of RAM installed, XP will not show the full 4GB. It will show anywhere from 3GB to 3.5GB. Far as the reason, look for 32-bit OS in the forum.

ouzopower

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Keeps repeating something like "danger".
There is a red lamp next to CPU fan (i believe it goes faster than it should)
System Temperature is 44 C.
CPU temperature is 60 C.

4745454b

Titan
Take it off, clean off the thermal paste, reapply thermal paste, put back on. If you used to much or not enough thermal paste your temps will be to high. If you failed to get all four clips on the heatsink your temps will be to high. Basically it sounds like something went wrong when you put the heatsink on, so you need to try again.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

Probably just a case of not pushing the pins far enough, I really hate those pins and struggle with them on every machine I build :fou:
Why can't motherboard manufacturers just put screw holes around the socket? Screws have always pwned nails, pins and backplates and they always will...

DO NOT use EASYTune for Overclocking/System info. EasyTune is a mess.

Use:
CoreTemp (AMD/Intel)/RealTemp(Intel) for CPU
HWMonitor for Motherboard,GPU,etc temps

Download those and give us the temp reading with that.

Solution

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

Yeah, I have the same problem with ASUS PC Probe II.
Usually Everest gives me around 40C idle CPU temp (not core temps, but the temp from the heat spreader, coretemps are 35-40 when idle), when I open PC Probe it tells me that same temp is now over 50C and the funny thing is that's warmer than my core temps, which is physically impossible and Everest then suddenly also tells me the heat spreader is over 50C, while the cores haven't become hotter according to both Everest and Realtemp.
After a reboot Everest will show a 40C heat spreader temp again.

kishan_90

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download u r full system configuration will b shown install and check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.