cgleckman

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
So i am currently building a new computer and I was wondering if [url=http://www.newegg.com/Product...29064&cm_re=Anteec_900-_-11-129-064-_-Product ] Antec Nine Hundred + EA650 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 650W Power Supply - Retail [/url] will be a good case for myself and if its spacious enough for say a gtx 275, a motherboard, ram, etc etc... Also i am wondering if that is a good deal and whether or not that PSU is any good.

The Antec Nine Hundred pc case is a very popular case with gamers. It's one of the most popular, if not the most popular Antec case. That says a lot about the case. You should not have any problems.

The case comes with the Antec Earthwatts EA-650 power supply. It is a very good power supply. Here is a link to a technical review over at jonnyguru.com:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=110

Snow_Patrol

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
One particularly inventive person managed at some point to turn the bottom half of their Antec 900 into a fridge for beer while running a mATX motherboard, Intel Quad and GTX295. If it can do that, then its certain to do what you want. Also the bundled PSU is from Antec's Earthwatts range, and will power your GTX275 easily.

The Antec 900 does not come with a system speaker. If the motherboard doesn't have one, you will need to find one somewhere.

Unless the PSU has a really long CPU power cable, you may need to get an extension cable for it unless you are willing to run the cable over the video card.

Antec is my second choice of PSU's after Corsair.

Snow_Patrol

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009

Sweet. You know, considering how big the Twelve Hundred is, I guess there's a way to fit in a toaster and coffee machine, and run a stove at the top from the PSU. You'll be hungry at LANs no longer with the amazing Kitchen i7 Extreme edition! (comes with a free copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Jamie Oliver's new book, Games on a Stick).

cgleckman

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009

What do you mean by a system speaker? I don't actually know what cable extenders look like. Do you possible have a link to show me? I am sure they cant be to expensive....

PC cases used to come with a very small piezo speaker that was connected to the motherboard. If a user heard a series of beeps during start up that meant there was a problem. There were different combinations of beeps. Each combination meant something different. Some of the new modern motherboards no longer have use a speaker. Intsead they have two very small led's used to alert the user to problems.

Here is a link to a variety of power extension cables:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=power+extension+cable

cgleckman

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009

Thanks, good to know. Do you happen to know if

EVGA P55 LE 123-LF-E653-KR LGA1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail has said speaker?

cgleckman

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Ya, being new at this and all, I would no idea what to do with any of that... isnt 8 bucks for only 1 cable a bit expensive? I thought I saw some or like 2 or 3 bucks like a day or two ago. (now that I know what your talking about it jogged my memory)

Motherboards do not generally come with speakers. Motherboards simply had a small 2 pin connection for a speaker. It is the pc case that used to come with a small speaker mounted somewhere behind the front bezel.

The motherboard you selected does not appear to have a speaker connection. I did not see the connection in an enlarged photo of the motherboard. It is usually located in a small cluster of connectors for the power switch, power led, and other connectors for components on the front of a pc case. However I did notice it has an led feature called a "debug led". You can check the manufacturers web site for more info.