Three Monitor Troubles

Mulder19

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I am currently trying to install three monitors on my desktop computer by enabling the onboard graphics to serve as a second video card. I installed the intel drivers and it worked. . .once. I restarted my computer and got weird artifacts on the third monitor then a crash. So I restarted. Would not boot into windows. Perhaps, I thought, the ati drivers were booting before the intel and interfering with them. So I uninstalled the ATI drivers AND the Intel drivers. I proceeded to install the intel and reboot, no problem. Then I installed the ATI drivers and rebooted, crash. I disabled the onboard, rebooted, allowing the ATI drivers to fully install, no problem. Rebooted again with onboard enabled, no problem. Again, artifacts, Again, no boot.

There is obviously an incompatibility between these drivers. However, why the deterioration of functionality, not an immediate failure. Can this be remedied? Sorry to be so long-winded.

If I am not mistaken, XP must use the same driver for all the vga adapters.

My suggestion is to disable the onboard graphics, and buy a cheap ati card that will use the same driver as the main vga card.

Alternatively, download the windows-7 release candidate. I think it supports multiple drivers.

Mulder19

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I am currently dual booting W7. Not failing to boot but still getting strange artifacts. I will probably just break down and buy a HD 2400 pci card.