Sign in with
Your question
Solved

WiFi Application / Shutdown Issue

Last response: in Motherboards
December 10, 2009 2:56:35 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm running Windows 7 home premium 64bit.
currently using ASUS P5K deluxe w/ Wi-fi

love the board but ever since ive been using the wireless application, it has caused errors for shutting down. whenever i attempt to shutdown, the asus program wont close and an error pops up. i dont know exactly why. i dont think formatting the computer solves the issue since i was running windows vista before and the same error was popping up.

any suggestions? thanks!

*on a side note* SpeedFan wont close properly upon shutdown either! rawr
December 14, 2009 12:24:05 PM

no one? =(
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 15, 2009 3:32:38 AM

Asus had that problem before with a dual core amd level board and it was a usb driver issue that was eventually rememdied. Did you try their forum?
I'm guessing you disabled Speedfan to make sure it wasn't related.
With Windows 7 their should also be a log event for the slow shutdown and the cause listed in performance area.
Someone here with more software talent than myself will explain it better.
December 16, 2009 4:14:03 PM

interesting that you bring up slow shut down. yeah in general my shut down is slow. msn and windows media player typically take a few seconds longer then other programs to shut down. i've tried fiddling with some random stuff. its getting better? i realized i didnt need the asus app to run wireless internet so i shut that down. speedfan is sometimes... for some reason it closes fine at times, but the the are those days where theres an error and i have to force shutdown, or force close speedfan.

i guess a better question would be how do i speed up my shut down? i tried this one thing from windows7 tips that you can lower the wait time for shut down, which i did. i noticed min differences, but w/e. any other tips?
m
l
!