6Gb DDR3-1333 memory
Intel x58 Chipset
Ati 4870 HD 1gb graphic card
2 * PCIe * 16
1 * PCIe * 4
2 * PCI
OS Vista
800 Watt Power Supply

I would appreciate recommendation for a graphic card or cards. Current graphic card (Ati 4870 HD) has one dvi, one hdmi and one svideo port. I'm using this for daytrading and want to run four monitors (four dvi or hdmi) unlike my current card that only runs two monitors and does not rotate praphics.. I would like to be able to rotate image's on monitors and extend desktop across all monitors. I am using four Viewsonic VX2433 monitors 1920 * 1080p. I have searched online but information seems to be scarce especially in regards to compatability issues with Vista OS. I read some where there is a new Quad 4870 coming out. I can wait a little so current or future products will be considered. I'm aware of Saphire card that runs four monitors but reviews appear questionable. Thanks in advance for your help.

Go under Displays Manager in the Catalyst Control Center and look at the box called Rotation. It gives you several possibilites.
For four monitors, you can purchase another HD4870 and put it in the vacant slot.
Do not enable CrossfireX.
Your power supply is adequate.

meto

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Thanks so much evongugg. As you can tell I'm not computer literate. Thanks to you I have already been able to find and rotate information as preferred. I have another question if you don't mind. I have limited information on the the card installed because I guess it was pre-installed in the existing computer. Do I need to match the exact card in every detail to avoid compatibility issues or is a 4870 simply a 4870? I tried reseaching and their appears to be many different models of 4870's by different manufacturers such as MSI, Saphire, Asus, ATI etc... Some of them have two dvi w/svidio others have dvi, hdmi w/pc such as my existing card. Some have 1 gb and others have 2 gb, fan/no fan etc. I do know mine is an MSI R4870 1 gb ddr3/ddr5 or 512mb ddr3/ddr5 memory 256 - memory interface, PCI 2.o express support, directX 10.1 support according to the information sheet enclosed. The other option would be to open the case and observe the actual card and/or pull the card and go match it up. Thanks again in advance for you help.

G

Hi

Did you manage to run 4 monitors in 1920 x 1080 ? I am also day trading and want to upgrade my existing 4 dvi's at 1680 x 1050. I cant seem to find confirmation of this his res on 4 monitors. Most cards mention DVi up to 1600 x 1200 or 1 x hdmi.

I need a full list of supported resolutions which people don't seem to list

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mark