Solved

Overclocking ram

Hello,
I have 2 sets of corsair tr3x6g1333c9 g ram = 12gig. I have gigabyte x58A-UD5 Mb. current latency is 9-9-9-24 how what settings should i input to overclock thanks.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking
  1. irvinparrett said:
    Hello,
    I have 2 sets of corsair tr3x6g1333c9 g ram = 12gig. I have gigabyte x58A-UD5 Mb. current latency is 9-9-9-24 how what settings should i input to overclock thanks.

1.6 volts
  2. Why would you want to overclock your ram?
  3. To speed performance. I currently have i7 920 processor. Overclocked to 3.5. want to speed performance as much as possible.
    Irv
  4. Overclocking ram does not speed performance, it makes ram go bad.

If you want speed, overclock your cpu to 4ghz.
  5. Best answer
    I wouldn't say that it doesn't improve performance, all the timings you lower the faster response times you will get.

Like lowering CAS lat will get you less interval between stimulus and response, lowering TRP will allow SDRAM to get rid of 1 access row and begin another faster, TRAS I dont remember I think its not as important.

so on so on.. pretty much any time that things get done faster means your getting better performance but like all other OC on your computer if you overdo it you will shorten the lifespan by a certain amount.
  6. Best answer selected by irvinparrett.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Overclocking RAM Corsair Gigabyte