C language software free download

i want to download c
15 answers Last reply
More about language software free download
  1. C is a programming language, not a piece of software. You cannot download it any more than you can download English or Braille.

What is it you're looking to do?
  2. i want to download c programing language
  3. willard said:
    C is a programming language, not a piece of software. You cannot download it any more than you can download English or Braille.

4. willard said:
    C is a programming language, not a piece of software. You cannot download it any more than you can download English or Braille.

5. how can i get c language to my computor. please help me
  6. Best answer selected by kkmohan.
  7. Might I suggest asking this question some place where you speak the language? You don't seem to be understanding me, and even if you did figure out what I was saying, we'd never successfully have the conversation where I find out what kind of development environment you should be using.
  8. kkmohan said:
    i want to download c

Look here... the "express" versions are free... see if you can find one you like

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads#d-express-windows-desktop

Cheers
  9. Generally I don't recommend starting with VS. It hides a lot of things that are helpful to learn, like linking things manually at least once (you'd be shocked how many people don't even know what linking is).

If you skip the basics, you'll regret it later trying to debug hard problems that stem from the build process and not your code (more common than you'd think with C/C++).

Better to do your hello world with notepad and the command line, if only for some perspective, then move onto the IDEs like VS. There's also the outside chance that he isn't using Windows, which would make gcc a good option.
  10. willard said:
    Generally I don't recommend starting with VS. It hides a lot of things that are helpful to learn, like linking things manually at least once (you'd be shocked how many people don't even know what linking is).

If you skip the basics, you'll regret it later trying to debug hard problems that stem from the build process and not your code (more common than you'd think with C/C++).

Better to do your hello world with notepad and the command line, if only for some perspective, then move onto the IDEs like VS. There's also the outside chance that he isn't using Windows, which would make gcc a good option.

Perhaps that answer might have been a better response as your first one? Your initial attempt was not at all helpful (IMHO).
    So while I might agree.. at least I gave him something.

Cheers
  11. I was planning on giving him something the moment he gave me enough information to make a recommendation. Was he trying to learn the language for fun? For a class? Because he wanted to accomplish something specific? Is he on Windows, Mac, Linux? Does he have programming experience? Is he familiar with the command line? Does he need to get something done quickly, or does he want to play around with the language? Does he need a language reference or a compiler? IDE?

"Just use visual studio" is not a good answer, in my opinion.
  12. kkmohan said:
    i want to download c

You can refer C-basic program in below website for step by step installation of C compiler.

C programming
  13. Code::Blocks is a C/C++ IDE (Writing, compiling, and debugging software)
  14. Hi willard am looking to change in to game coding department so can i learn C language for this in starting r i want to learn any more .Please advise me about this .
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Download Software Windows 8