i have a:
- cm storm scout case ( 140mm fan front, 140mm top, 120mm back)
- hyper 212+ cooler
- CoolerMaster CM Storm Scout
- Antec High Current Gamer 750W Power Supply
- ASRock P67 EXTREME4 Intel P67 Chipset B3 Socket 1155 Motherboard
- Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3 GHz LGA1155 CPU Processor
- G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2x2G) DDR3
- Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5 GV-N560OC-1GI
i was wondering:
how much should i overclock to? if i get more performance out of it (especially for bf3 in oct) itll be sweet. i dont need a full maximum setting. what do you reckon i should go with?
for the above answer, would my current fan setup be enough to cool it? i currently run 30-33c on idle (i currently have another 140 to replace back, and im moving that 120 to the side, and may fit another 120 on the side as well) so that should cool it more.
You can run these chips comfortably anything up to 4.6ghz most chips go higher, each chip is different. I am running at 4.6 with minimal vcore increase. Just see what you can get out of it and then tone it down a bit. I could get mine to 4.9 but decided to stay at 4.6 as it required way more voltage.
As for the cooler, it should be ok, just keep an eye on your temps, also disable things like cpu fan control or fan smart control in bios, so the fan can run at highest rpm thus aiding cooling ability.