Buzzing "electronic noise" XFX HD4890

G

Hey!

Recently I got a new computer which had HD4890 in it. After installing the drivers I noticed a major problem that made me hate computers and all the time I had waited for my PC to arrive.

Whenever I scroll websites, a noise comes out of my case (see title) which I suspect the HD4890 is behind. This also happens whenever I copy, open/close windows, reload pages, move windows and so and so on.

It becomes a lot worse though whenever I do 3D renderings (such as gaming). The noise is very loud and can be very annoying. I can't really describe it, it's very hard.. but I am sure you understand, if not please write and I will do my best to explain.

Has anyone had similiar problems? What did you do? Does anyone know anything about this? Should I RMA?

I googled around and I found that a lot of people have troubles with this, some worse and some not. Some said that it's ok and it should happen and that one can live with it (without it destroying the GPU) while some said that something is wrong and you should RMA it asap (something is broken)

G

No sound scheme.

If I want to open the case one side has fan running, it will be hard.. or what you think? I mean the side I am going to open has a huge fan on it. But I am sure it's not the fan because if I take the fan up/down no problem. When I game, the fan is the same as when i idle, yet noise is a lot more. if it was fun I'd of heard the noise when the PC was just idle.

G

OK. I checked and it was not the fan. It seems like it's coming from somewhere on the GPU.