replacement wallpapers etc

I downloaded a fair few things for my game including pinball tables
which don't show up and that's okay I just delete them. Then I look at
some wallpapers and think, they look cool, so I install them and in
the game they look mushy, soft, unfocused and not at all like they did
on the web site. am I doing something wrong? Oh, some of the floor
tiles looked the same but not quite as bad.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Check your display settings first. Try it with texture detail on high.
Also, smoothing helps on some objects.
Pinball machines will be under electronics and probably under the default
ones, unless you found some original meshes somewhere.

Bluegenie2 wrote:

> Check your display settings first. Try it with texture detail on high.
> Also, smoothing helps on some objects.

I'll check that, thanks

> Pinball machines will be under electronics and probably under the default
> ones, unless you found some original meshes somewhere.

they just didn't show. I probably need some addon to make them show, I
think they were in the recolours part

--

> Bluegenie2 wrote:
> >
> > Check your display settings first. Try it with texture detail on high.
> > Also, smoothing helps on some objects.
>
> I'll check that, thanks

You might find they're still not good - the game stretches things
unexpectedly sometimes.

> > Pinball machines will be under electronics and probably under the
default
> > ones, unless you found some original meshes somewhere.
> >
> they just didn't show. I probably need some addon to make them show, I
> think they were in the recolours part

Yes, they'll need the CEP since they weren't recolourable to start with.

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Bluegenie2 wrote:
> > >
> > > Check your display settings first. Try it with texture detail on high.
> > > Also, smoothing helps on some objects.
> >
> > I'll check that, thanks
>
> You might find they're still not good - the game stretches things
> unexpectedly sometimes.

that's what it feels like. the floor tiles are much better than the
wallpaper

> > > Pinball machines will be under electronics and probably under the
> default
> > > ones, unless you found some original meshes somewhere.
> > >
> > they just didn't show. I probably need some addon to make them show, I
> > think they were in the recolours part
>
> Yes, they'll need the CEP since they weren't recolourable to start with.

I don't understand this cep, do you just download it and install it or
do you have to put it in a special place? Are there any settings I
should worry about or will it just let me use coloured objects without
having to mess around with it? Is it easy to colour stuff yourself?
Why am I here? How long is a piece of string? Can I have my ball back?

:O)

--

> Maxon wrote:
>>
>> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

>> > I'll check that, thanks
>>
>> You might find they're still not good - the game stretches things
>> unexpectedly sometimes.
>>
> that's what it feels like. the floor tiles are much better than the
> wallpaper

>> default
>> > >
>> > they just didn't show. I probably need some addon to make them show, I
>> > think they were in the recolours part
>>
>> Yes, they'll need the CEP since they weren't recolourable to start with.
>>
> I don't understand this cep, do you just download it and install it or
> do you have to put it in a special place? Are there any settings I
> should worry about or will it just let me use coloured objects without
> having to mess around with it? Is it easy to colour stuff yourself?
> Why am I here? How long is a piece of string? Can I have my ball back?
>
> :O)

Just get it at http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml (Click download
button, agree to the next page, then it will be in the middle of the 3rd
page). It is an exe file and you just double-click to install it. It
installs two files, one in downloads and one somewhere else. Then you are
set to go :)

Bluegenie2 wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Maxon wrote:
> >>
> >> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> >> You might find they're still not good - the game stretches things
> >> unexpectedly sometimes.
> >>
> > that's what it feels like. the floor tiles are much better than the
> > wallpaper

> >> default

> >> Yes, they'll need the CEP since they weren't recolourable to start with.
> >>
> > I don't understand this cep, do you just download it and install it or
> > do you have to put it in a special place? Are there any settings I
> > should worry about or will it just let me use coloured objects without
> > having to mess around with it? Is it easy to colour stuff yourself?
> > Why am I here? How long is a piece of string? Can I have my ball back?
> >
> > :O)
>
> Just get it at http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml (Click download
> button, agree to the next page, then it will be in the middle of the 3rd
> page). It is an exe file and you just double-click to install it. It
> installs two files, one in downloads and one somewhere else. Then you are
> set to go :)

thanks so much... off I go installin'!

--

Paul Heslop wrote:

> thanks so much... off I go installin'!

argh! I knew I didn't like installing new progs for a reason. I was
informed as I went to install that I need .net from windows for the
prog to work. I always left this when I did updates as I don't know
what it is or what it is used for. So I installed it and now I get a
splash screen at bootup asking me to choose user when there IS only
one user account on my machine. :O(
--

Paul Heslop wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > thanks so much... off I go installin'!
> >
> argh! I knew I didn't like installing new progs for a reason. I was
> informed as I went to install that I need .net from windows for the
> prog to work. I always left this when I did updates as I don't know
> what it is or what it is used for. So I installed it and now I get a
> splash screen at bootup asking me to choose user when there IS only
> one user account on my machine. :O(
> --
I have removed the program from my machine. I had hoped it would all
be painless but this computer has never been 100% stable and I don't
think I'll gain enough with this addon to make me want to unsettle
things.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

If there is only one user on your machine you can set it up to not have the
login showup. Just go to control panel>user accounts and then choose
'Change the way users log on and off'.
There may be only one user on your machine, but it sees two, one being the
administrator even if that is you :)
Course i am talking xp here, not sure if you have that or not.

If you use the 'use welcome screen' option then if there is only one user it
will show the welcome screen but no choice of which one to choose.
At least that is how it worked with me...........I now have 2 user accts
because I use one for creating in the sims2 (main acct) and one for playing
with a lot of 3rd party stuff (2nd acct).

> Paul Heslop wrote:
>>
>> Paul Heslop wrote:
>>
>> > thanks so much... off I go installin'!
>> >
>> argh! I knew I didn't like installing new progs for a reason. I was
>> informed as I went to install that I need .net from windows for the
>> prog to work. I always left this when I did updates as I don't know
>> what it is or what it is used for. So I installed it and now I get a
>> splash screen at bootup asking me to choose user when there IS only
>> one user account on my machine. :O(
>> --
> I have removed the program from my machine. I had hoped it would all
> be painless but this computer has never been 100% stable and I don't
> think I'll gain enough with this addon to make me want to unsettle
> things.
>

> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Thanks BG2 - I'd been wondering how to get rid of that. And Paul - the .net
Framework thing is not a problem really, I installed it ages ago, it's
stable and doesn't get in the way except for the welcome screen thing. I'm
told it's going to be essential for a lot of stuff as time goes on. Perhaps
someone could explain why?

Best wishes
Maxon

Bluegenie2 wrote:

> If there is only one user on your machine you can set it up to not have the
> login showup. Just go to control panel>user accounts and then choose
> 'Change the way users log on and off'.
> There may be only one user on your machine, but it sees two, one being the
> administrator even if that is you :)
> Course i am talking xp here, not sure if you have that or not.

Yep, xp, but I found on the web that installing the .net network sets
up an account for .net - asp.net which stops the auto logon working.
Luckily they had a registry fix for it.

> If you use the 'use welcome screen' option then if there is only one user it
> will show the welcome screen but no choice of which one to choose.
> At least that is how it worked with me...........I now have 2 user accts
> because I use one for creating in the sims2 (main acct) and one for playing
> with a lot of 3rd party stuff (2nd acct).

I should have more than one account but my smallest granddaughter
loves to feel grown up by starting the computer herself before she
goes to look at her children's sites and it's hard enough for a three
year old without having to mess around with that stuff. I have to be
good and sit at the back of the room, watching her in case she tries
to wipe out my hard drive or something :O)

--

Maxon wrote:

> Thanks BG2 - I'd been wondering how to get rid of that. And Paul - the .net
> Framework thing is not a problem really, I installed it ages ago, it's
> stable and doesn't get in the way except for the welcome screen thing. I'm
> told it's going to be essential for a lot of stuff as time goes on. Perhaps
> someone could explain why?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

I don't think it uninstalled that anyway but I'm not sure. It
certainly left the account there. The registry fix for it made the
auto log on work again so that's something

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

> I should have more than one account but my smallest granddaughter
> loves to feel grown up by starting the computer herself before she
> goes to look at her children's sites and it's hard enough for a three
> year old without having to mess around with that stuff. I have to be
> good and sit at the back of the room, watching her in case she tries
> to wipe out my hard drive or something :O)

OMG, I NEVER let kids or grandkids play with my computer. I have had too
many foul ups in the past that cost a lot of money and/or time to correct.
It is far cheaper in the long run to keep an old P1 computer available for
them to fart around on.

Jeanie -- mother of four, grandmother of 8

Jeanie wrote:

> > I should have more than one account but my smallest granddaughter
> > loves to feel grown up by starting the computer herself before she
> > goes to look at her children's sites and it's hard enough for a three
> > year old without having to mess around with that stuff. I have to be
> > good and sit at the back of the room, watching her in case she tries
> > to wipe out my hard drive or something :O)
>
> OMG, I NEVER let kids or grandkids play with my computer. I have had too
> many foul ups in the past that cost a lot of money and/or time to correct.
> It is far cheaper in the long run to keep an old P1 computer available for
> them to fart around on.
>
> Jeanie -- mother of four, grandmother of 8

I agree it would be but like the ps2 etc they are in the living room
and well within view. Problem with Sophia is she has started
discovering little tricks like resizing windows on explorer etc. She
doesn't really get to do anything alone, either myself or my wife are
always watching, but she catches on so quick and is far more
independent than either of the other older grandkids. Of course we
don't let her surf or anything and she's not allowed to open a program
without asking. There are a couple of small card games which she
dabbles with.

The grandson, on the other hand, is very active and quick with his
hands, so we really have to be on our toes with him. he also likes
saving stuff, just for the sake of it. eek.

They all love the graphics tablet and artdabbler, which is a very
intuitive drawing program aimed a lot at kids, so that keeps them
busy.

We just don't have the space for an extra set top box in here. If my
son hadn't virtually given away an old laptop we could have got them
going on that but at least this way they're learning under strict
supervision.

They love sims2 but of course I have a 'special' plot for each of them
to build their wonderful dreamhomes :O))

--
Paul (father of four, grandfather of four)(sometimes feels like
104!)