My emachines T2682 has no output video

metedogg68

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Hi,

My emachine t2682 was making a ticking noise coming from the psu and has no video output. Did some research and found out it was a bad cpu fan. I replace the fan, but still no video. Bios is giving two beeps when computer is turned on. Can anyone help me?

Depending on your BIOS, two short beeps could mean:

- General Bios error - message number displayed on the screen (hah!)
- Parity circuit error
- Memory error
- Unknown BIOS error.

Clear CMOS: Pull the plug out of the wall, remove the battery on your mobo, press the power on button on your case several times, wait 15 minutes, put the battery back in, plug in the computer. Power on.

If it turns on, go into BIOS and load defaults, make whatever changes are necessary, save and exit.

If it doesn't turn on, try to run with one stick of memory, then try with the other (if you have two or more sticks).

If that doesn't work, suspect the psu.

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
PSU blown. My old emachines t2958 did the exact thing when i upgraded mother board to a brand new pci-e x 16 1.0 and a nvdia 6800........ i learned my lesson after that....... /note to self-- no 250w psu w/ high end stuff

/chills with my i7 @ 3.37ghz, gtx 260...................

metedogg68

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Thanks Twoboxer and lilotimz for your help. I forgot to tell you the initial problem was the computer would not come on at all, so the psu was replaced. I am now dealing with a new psu, so I dont think this is the problem. Afterwards I started getting the fan noise and the blank screen. So sorry about the left out information. I am trying to reset my bios and if that don't work, I will try to boot with one stick of memory at a time. Thanks a lot. I will let you know what happens.

metedogg68

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

I've tried reseting bios, no luck. I suspect a bad mb. I comments?

TRENDING THREADS