1100 CAD gaming machine before tax

krazedkid

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Hey, my rig is starting to piss me off so im going to build a new one

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE:about a month

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, music creation, some encoding and ofcourse web use

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: kybrd monitor mouse

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: im from canada soo.. tigerdirect.ca canadacomputers.com and i dont really know any excellent web dealers for canadians

PARTS PREFERENCES: im thinking a phenom II x4 AM3, a nvidia vidcard but i am not totally opposed to ATI, 500gb drive should do it as well

OVERCLOCKING: Yes, SLI mayb if anything as a future upgrade

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080 i have a 22" widescreen LG wanna make use of it

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: i kinda want the areocool case with 250mm fan and some aftermarket cooling, going to overclock it

Thanks in advanced!

crobar

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Hi Krazwkid,

If I were you I would deffinetly check out these 2 sites : directcanada.com and ncix.com

Both are canadian and are cheaper than the one you have stated above.

Directcanda.com offers the lowest price around and free shipping for orders over 300$

NCIX.COM offers Ok prices you must pay shipping but they have great discount every week. (deals refresh every wednesday evening)

I hope it will help you

HibyPrime

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
newegg's canadian site? :p

newegg.ca

look for an AM2+ mobo (the am3 just adds DDR3 cost thats mostly pointless)
in that price range you should be able to fit either a single powerful video card, or a medium power dual card setup. Which one you do depends on how long you are keeping it. If you're gunna keep it for a long time, then just grab a GTX280/285/4890 and SLi/CF it later when you get the cash. If you only plan on 2-3 years, then just grab a couple 4870s/4850s/GTS250s/GTX260/GTX275 depending on how much you're willing to pay.

crobar

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I wouldn't suggest newegg.ca. For a 1000$ order they will charge about 100$ for shipping + 120$ for custom taxes that would bring it to about 1240$.

But they do have great prices. Check them often somethimes they have free shipping on certain items.

coolgod

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
newegg.ca > ncix and tigerdirect
trust me I've tried.
newegg and tigerdirect both have some good deals sometimes and fast shipping.